Thread: Username PW login failure to Kali Linux

Question Username PW login failure to Kali Linux

My username and password isn't working to log into Kali Linux, I am using the login as my Kali Linux username they had me choose in installation and password they had me choose, it doesn't work..it doesn't even type a password, can someone help please! Thanks!!

Try to login as root user ? and still you are unable to login kindly reset your root password how to reset root passoword than add an user click here

I assume you mean you're entering the password you created BEFORE installation. After you actually install the OS, the default username/password will reset. User should be "root" and password should be "toor" or blank. To change the password I believe you go into terminal and type passwd and then follow the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    I assume you mean you're entering the password you created BEFORE installation. After you actually install the OS, the default username/password will reset. User should be "root" and password should be "toor" or blank. To change the password I believe you go into terminal and type passwd and then follow the steps.
    use the username root and the password is the one that you entered when installing kali...