Thread: Broadcom BCM4727 work or not??

Broadcom BCM4727 work or not??

i have lenovo G570...which have Broadcom BCM4313 wireless card...i just want to know is this wireless card will work with kali or i should buy new one??
    see the screenshot wat i got when i open aircrack-ng and enter airmon-ng... chipset : unknown ......plz help me with this problem

Screenshot link : http://anony.ws/i/2013/08/24/7f0w4.png

kali version : 1.0
    Kali Architecture : 32 bit
    i have lenovo G570
    Last edited by vishal sonara; 2013-08-24 at 18:47.

I have a lenovo thinkpad x131e and it has a BCM4313 and it did NOT work with kali. I think you have to get drivers for it. I had to use my alfa chipset in order to connect anywhere. Also the BCM4313 can not be used for injection.

dude it's working now..
    i don't know about your laptop but i solved my problem by doing this steps..

first of all install kali with dual boot with windows 7...

open windows 7..make sure wireless connectivity switch on...then Fn key+F5 start wifi and bluetooth...
    now shutdown win 7 and start kali linux

then open terminal
    "rfkill list all"
    then
    "rfkill unblock all"

then "ifconfig wlan0 up"

that worked for me...hope it will also works for you..

Well I don't dual boot and I use the 64 bit so I'm not sure if that matters with this specific driver.

Strange...
    I also have "BCM4313" on kali.. but injection works fine. I am however having problems to connecting to anything other than WEP networks. Currently googling for ideas, any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordx19 View Post
    I have a lenovo thinkpad x131e and it has a BCM4313 and it did NOT work with kali. I think you have to get drivers for it. I had to use my alfa chipset in order to connect anywhere. Also the BCM4313 can not be used for injection.
    drivers for bcm4313 (and others) here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/raring/...bdcom-0ubuntu6
    bug info here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1110139

hope that helps

First, makesure you do sudo rfkill disable all and then sudo ifconfig wlan0 up first justo be sure that's not going to be the issue.

Check to make sure kali is not in "Airplane Mode".

go to the Applications drop down menu, then to system tools, then preferences, then System Settings. In here towards the bottom there is a Network icon. Click it to open your network settings and go to your wireless connections tab where you see that "Airplane Mode" is stuck on. Ok now toggle it off AND THEN STOP EVERYTHIG YOU ARE DOING--- and leave the network settings window open. With everything as-is, go up to the power menu and put the system on standby. Wait a few seconds for your computer to sleep. Now just move the mouse to wake it up and then hit the "enable wifi" switch/ button in the wifi control panel and hit your hardware wifi toggle key combo and it should all stick. I have done this with three different wifi cards, 2 atheros and one Broadcom. I also saw this problem with a standard Ubuntu installation on another computer. You may need to repeat this process again in the future.

fix broadcom kali linux

First Download package broadcom-sta-dkms-6.30.223.141-1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool....141-1_all.deb [^]

Install the linux-headers-amd64 and dkms package.
    Then in a terminal, execute:

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-amd64 dkms -y && dpkg -i broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.141-1_all.deb

just after install reboot, works beautifully for me. :*