Thread: Kali Installation Hangs in VirtualBox?

Kali Installation Hangs in VirtualBox?

I have been trying to boot Kali Linux in VirtualBox 4.2.14 for a while now and nothing seems to be working. I haven't found anything with Google either so here is the problem. The host machine is Windows 8 64 Bit, the quest is Kali 1.0.4 amd64. I have created a virtual machine in VirtualBox with the following specifications:

• 2048 MB Memory
    • 10 GB Dynamic HDD Partition, as more space is needed, it is created.

So I mount a virtual IDE CD/DVD drive like one would do when installing an OS to a virtual machine and I get the install options page. I have chosen both "Install" and "Graphical Install" and neither of them work. It simply goes to a screen with the Kali Linux logo, and I assume freezes. There is no sign of progress what so ever and I have to power off the machine to escape and try again. If anyone has happened to encounter this problem or has the solution, I would greatly appreciate your reply as I am at a loss. Thanks in advanced.

Have you run a sha1sums check to make sure that your iso image is not broken during download?

kali may appear to hang up during installation but it is normal. How long did it 'hang up' for? i dont know how long it should take on a 10gb hdd but if my memory serves me, it literally took about 24 hours for it to install on my machine.

24 hours?!?!?
    I installed to a 40 gig VM drive and it took about an hour.

There is something wrong with your setup dude.