Thread: Kali failling on networking part of install

Question Kali failling on networking part of install

So I have an Acer Q200E. I had BackTrack5 R3 installed on it, and it installed perfectly fine. I downloaded 64bit Kali and tried to install it, and it failed while trying to pull an IP (DHCP).

My Network is Hidden, with no password/key, (Yeah I know, just like that for now). When I type the ESSID and then leave the Key input black, it fails while trying to pull the IP. Says the network may be down or soemthing, just unable to get an IP.

I tried connecting it directly to the router, that failed as well. Tried using an external wireless card, that failed too. Thought maybe the ISO didnt burn or download all the way correctly, so I did it again, and it still gives the same error.

Anyone else having this issue?

Heres the weird part.... I downloaded/installed Kali for the very first time, and it seemed to go flawlessly. But X wouldnt start, and I couldnt get it to start no matter what I did. So I figured maybe the install was done wrong, so I went to re-install it, and thats when I started getting these errors.

Ive tried everything I can think of, anyone else have any ideas?

P.S. The weird part, atleast in my mind, is the fact it installed the first time, (atleast to the point where I could boot into the OS). I can't for the life of me figure out why it wont now. I even did a full DoD wipe with Wipe Drive Pro, then re-installed, just to be 100% sure it was a fresh install... same issue.
    Last edited by UseLinux; 2013-08-27 at 00:16. Reason: Added more info

Found out what it was.

I guess during the first installation, when I said it seemed to work.. the interface got disabled. I was able to find it by using the rfkill list command, then rfkill block all && rfkill unblock all

Lovin Kali! so much smoother than BT5R3