Thread: VBox issue...

VBox issue...

I have been running Kali in a Virtual Box for a couple of months now, and it has been great. But, recently, I decided to try arpspoofing my network while using sslstrip and ettercap. My "victim" computer is the host and the "aggressor" is Kali in a virtual box. This combination works for a little bit, but its seems like it puts stress on the virtual box, because it will freeze after several minutes; prompting me to do a force shut down.

Is there any way I can configure the virtual box settings and fix this issue? Or is this combination of tasks just too much processing for a virtual box?

Thanks!

edit* Box not Machine lol

What are the specs on the host, also what have you allocated for the guest?

is you network in bridge or nat mode on the guest?

Do you have open-vm-tools installed?

Last edited by WinSux; 2013-08-30 at 01:23. Reason: Double post.. oops

By specs I'm assuming you mean hardware and software. The hardware is an i5 processor and 6 GB of ram, and the operating system is Ubuntu 13.04, always updated.

As far as guest allocation goes, I've fallowed the documentation provided by Kali, and mirrored the suggested settings.

During the last arpspoofing test -the most successful thus far- the guest network was set "not attached." I networked the guest with a USB wifi adapter...

Hope that helps, and thanks for the reply.