Thread: fern_wifi_cracker

fern_wifi_cracker

i am using the latest kali updated and usb wifi AWUS051NH, i can crack wep on my router pretty fast with it, but i can not seem to crack wpa2 wps router. this router is set up with wps enabled and fern sees it as WPS attackable, but will never go past .08%. i disabled all processes that may interefere...so i tried one more router and same thing. does anyone else have luck with this same setup? is there a better way to test attack against WPS, seems like fern is a pretty good program.

you can manually "reaver" it. its not hard at all. you run airmon-ng start wlan0 then wash -i mon0 -C to see all wps cracable routers and then reaver -i mon0 -b (mac of ssid) -f -c (channel of ssid) -a -vv and w8 about 10 hours to send the password back

Yes, I tried this method, it seemed to be shooting back errors and getting nowhere....i will keep searching and finding out how to make sure the router is wps crackable.....it shows up as wps vulnerable, then it doesn't work.....was thinking it was my alfa wifi adapter, i think maybe i need to have patience and just let it run even though it seems to be doing nothing and getting no where for first 20 min.

get errors warning recieve timeout occured
    sending wsc nack
    wps transaction failed (code: 0x02) retrying last pin
    0.08% complete
    it says 10991 pins left trying pin 77775672
    this is a continuation from last try, it stays at .08% and gets nowhere keeps trying same pin etc....i am using wlan1, my external usb alfa card and with really good signal.
    is it possible the 2 routers i try detect the multiple attacks?
    Last edited by undersc0re; 2013-09-06 at 01:44.

1) check if router locks wps run "wash -i mon0 -C" again after reaver errors,if sais locked means you have to change reaver timing. also you must use option -vv in reaver to c full status(some routers lock wps after lot of trying as safety function)
    2) check the signal of the desired router it must be less than 65 to work properly if you can't gain that signal buy a directional antenna(airodump-ng mon0)
    3) i disable wlan0 for signal interference(ifconfig wlan0 down)
    4)check that u run airmon-ng start wlan1 and not wlan0
    5)the 0.08 seems that begin to test pins but something stoped it so u have chances
    6) have in mind that reaver needs more than 8 hours to complete
    7)NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE TO HAVE ALFA ANTENNA NEAR YOUR HEAD IS EXTREMELY HIGH GAIN POWER RADIATION AND CAN CAUSE YOU CANCER ...

ok it locks, and it reads between 45-50 for strength, i have not disabled the internal wireless, thx for the cancer warning, i did not knnow this thing was that powerful, i don't increase the tx power manually, not sure if any of the programs automatically try to....so i guess i will try timing changes. thanks.

My question is : when i try to track any Mac In fern wifi cracker, the program stay frozen & does not track nothing, can helps me with this issue?, i did tried everything, re-install, see if I'm connected to internet and doesn't work, the screen remains in blank. anybody??

try to manually scan
    1)airmon-ng start wlan0
    2)airodump-ng mon0

Sometimes routers will have a lockout session for about 5 minutes. I know my router does that, and I just get received m1 sending m2 then wsc nacks. So wait about 5 minutes... Maybe even more and then try again. Keep in mind that it may show up in wash as vulnerable and not locked, but often times wash will be wrong as most routers today have lockouts. Usually running reaver by itself works better and I highly recommend you learn how to use the aircrack suite, it is a lot more useful when troubleshooting. So try running
    Code:
    reaver -i (interface) -b (router mac) -c (channel router is on) -vv -d 0 --dh-small
    -d sets the amount of time before trying a new pin after a previous one completes. If you get a lot of errors, try changing it to 1 or 2 etc.
    --dh-small reduces the load on the router so you are less likely to get errors but if you get more, try removing it. Good luck!

If your router locks you can still try with the -L option.

Quote Originally Posted by zartas View Post
    7)NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE TO HAVE ALFA ANTENNA NEAR YOUR HEAD IS EXTREMELY HIGH GAIN POWER RADIATION AND CAN CAUSE YOU CANCER ...

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me what reaver's -a and -f commands are, and if you could provide some citation for this? Thanks.