Thread: how to install compiz on Kali 1.0.4 No sid repo!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei View Post
    im sorry but jesus what a nightmare to install compiz 0.84 !!!, im running compiz 1:0.9.10+13.10.20130828.2-0ubuntu1 from saucy, easily possible by adding ubuntu repos. Just dont use compiz-gtk, compile emerald 9.5 and use that instead.
    If using kali straight try compiz from quantal or raring, if like me you are running a kali/jessie box run the compiz from saucy, i know it works, am typing on it now
    And dont be using synaptic or anything stupid like that, you need controll over your box on a per-package baisis, use aptitude and examin every package you install, eg when insalling compiz you only need 1 lib from ubuntu, and the compiz binaries, use aptitude to make sure you dont pull in half of ubuntu This is critical also if your upgrading to jessie and want to keep all your kali goodies unbroken
    I tried to install compiz from ubuntu honestly I'm trying to change the installer of 9.10 but I miss some library will soon be ready to change. The question is how did you implement in the library libx11-6 l 'XCB? I'm trying to do it in an experimental but I'm afraid we can generate some break, then I have another small block the **** unity (which I love) and the dependence of gnome gnome control center with my basic goal is not the simplicity of installation more than anything else is not to create any failure of the system and the use of external libraries not possible email if you want your results i would be curious to know which packages and libraries you used could be useful also for other users interested in the topic
    Last edited by Devil_D; 2013-09-16 at 16:06.