Thread: Wireless problem disconnecting

Wireless problem disconnecting

Hello
    i've installed Kali linux yesterday, i didn't have an active connection during installation so i could not download the required drivers (as far as i remmeber it was b43-fwcutter or something

the wireless connection is working, but after few minutes it stops (doesn't show as disconnection or anything but no page will open, youtube stops etc...) until i reset connection

i've installed b43 module and firmware-b43-lpphy-installer

still same problem, not sure if module isn't loaded or i have to black list something?

lspci shows:

Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)

lspci -k shows:
    Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
    Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge

any help is highly appreciated,
    thanks

2. Well from the sounds of it (and please correct me if I am wrong) you do get an internet connection, but after a few minutes it drops connection? So I assume, while you are connected, you can successfully connect to web sites and such right? Also you tried to install via "apt-get install firmware-b43-lpphy-installer", while you were connected via wired connection?

(Note: I don't have this particular card) Looking at possible solutions, how far away from the wifi point are you, have you tried using a different channel, make sure you have strong signal?
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

Hello Charonsecurity thanks for your reply,
    yes that is correct, i get 75% to 100% signal from my point with this wireless chip,
    i have a USB wifi i'm using right now as a replacement until the problem is fixed, i'm only getting 50% signal but it's working very well, so the problem must be from card
    yes i installed firmware-b43-ipphy-installer, but not during wired connection,
    i'm thinking that the b43-ipphy is not loaded

4. Hmm that is defiantly an interesting issue. I don't know where the problem lies exactly, but I would like to try to suggest to reinstall the driver using the previous command while on a good connection (assuming maybe the download and install never went trough.) Could also be that particular driver may be buggy.. I am happy to hear that you do have a temporary solution working for you.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

Thanks for the support very helpful,
    not sure what what was wrong but it's working very well now, i guess reinstalling the drivers fixed something
    thanks again, much appreciated

Hello everyone, i have the same problem as discussed in this topic, i have the latest version of Kali on my live usb stick. Wi-fi disconnects after a few minutes every time. I managed to capture a log at the moment of crash. Can anyone help with this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have the same chipset and the same wifi model?...

If not, please open up another thread. If the same wifi device or chipset, the man reinstalled the drivers and that did it for him.

Luck.