Thread: What To Do After Installing Kali Linux

What To Do After Installing Kali Linux

Hi All,

I am new to Kali Linux, but not Linux. I have been using Linux (.deb + .rpm versions) as my OS for well over 10 years.

I have been Googling under Things To Do After Installing Kali, and have found some advanced ideas. But, am looking to add repositories that will give me access to a greater amount of apps versus what the standard install beings e.g. Thunderbird versus Ice Dove. Running Debian does not give the amount of options some of the variants do - UBUNTU or Linux Mint - for example.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Down On The Jersey Shore

behind the developing of Kali linux there is only one reason that is 'Security.' Security in the sense How to secure things which is related to Information and Technology. As well as for pentesting. If you installed Kali linux for doing these things kindly visit this Geeky Show

there is only one reason that is 'Security.'
    Mrquiety,

Thanks for your post. Can you share with us what else you have installed after a fresh install of Kali?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Down On The Jersey Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Running Debian does not give the amount of options some of the variants do - UBUNTU or Linux Mint - for example.
    I'm yet to find any functionality Kali/Debian doesn't offer that's available in Ubuntu/Mint in any way. Some might need some tinkering, but that's the fun bit.
    Saying that adding untested/unsupported/extra repo's/ppa's will possibly break your Kali installation. Then again, this is true for any Linux distro, BT would break easily when you've used too many PPA's/repos. I've learned my way around this limitation and began to love Kali for what it's got to offer. BT was good, but Kali simply works.
    Have a look into How to section and take a pick.

Some might need some tinkering, but that's the fun bit.
    blackMORE,

Yeah, I've been there, and done that with countless Linux distros. I just love breaking things. LOL!

Have a look into How to section and take a pick.
    Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm new here, and can use the guidance.

Adler
    Last edited by Adler; 2013-09-30 at 07:12. Reason: forgot sig

Down On The Jersey Shore