Thread: easy-creds vs pwnstar

easy-creds vs pwnstar

Hi All,

First post here and wanted to say i love these two scripts but have noticed some interesting behaviour between the two.

With easy-creds when running a fake ap static some devices connect and others do not, eg. my two android phones connect and most times stay connected for around 10 sec then disconnect this process is repeated continuously, i tried a windows phone today and it wasn't able to connect at all, however at times when a connection is established and stable ettercap is able to decode my exchange and pop username and password right away, also web sites are very flaky and have to press reload a few times to get them up.

With pwnstar using the same settings as i would with easy-creds the connections are rock solid even the windows phone was able to connect but ferret wasnt able display an active sync and pop username and password like ettercap would upon connection, also with pwnstar i am able to browse web sites without a problem.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar or has some tips on getting easy-creds running more stable.

Cheers

decided to compare 911_AP with easy-creds and here is what i found.

911_AP vs easy-creds noticed that in 911_AP ettercap loads with these switches -T -q -l this allows nice and quick web traffic between client phone and internet however this script will not show imap and pop passwords when android phone connects to servers, easy-creds runs with ettercap switches -p -u -T -q and will show pop and imap passwords upon connection to the servers but web flow is very slow.
    Last edited by boost; 2014-01-06 at 05:40.

Are others having the same issues with these three scripts?

Can you confirm that 911_AP will run on Kali Linux - it looks to us like a BT5R3 script which runs a different server.

Yes i can confirm 911_AP is working it is a modified version for Kali

911_AP_KALI.zip

Attached

i run easy-cred but miss ettercap , why ??? please help me question