Thread: Intel® 945GME x86/MMX/SSE2 experience in Fallback mode

Intel® 945GME x86/MMX/SSE2 experience in Fallback mode

Hi, i am new to the forum but im enjoying using Kali so far. I have been using on an Advent 4211 (MSI Wind) netbook and have a working system. However i have noticed in the details screen of system settings that my graphics are running in Fallback mode. I am led to believe this is not as it should be. The system does seem quite snappy but i have noticed the odd graphical glitch when using Armitage (menus being left on the screen etc). Is there a better driver i could use? if so how do i obtain and install it? I am relatively new to Linux, so please keep it straight forward thanks all

What is the model of your video card and check the driver used by kernel.

You need to be more precise as to video card specs and driver.

Video card: lspci | grep -i vga
    Post he output.

Driver used by kernel:
    The info given by the command above states the ID slot in the begining of the line, in this format: xx:xx.x
    Now, type this:
    lspci -vvs xx:xx.x

At the very end of output, you will see this: Kernel driver in use: "driver".

Post the driver.

And please, don't get me wrong but we, the community give no recipes, you need to read and learn linux, at least the basics.

Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    What is the model of your video card and check the driver used by kernel.

You need to be more precise as to video card specs and driver.

Video card: lspci | grep -i vga
    root@kL2:~# lspci | grep -i vga
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Driver used by kernel:
    The info given by the command above states the ID slot in the begining of the line, in this format: xx:xx.x
    Now, type this:
    lspci -vvs xx:xx.x

At the very end of output, you will see this: Kernel driver in use: "driver".

Post the driver.
    Kernel driver in use: i915

And please, don't get me wrong but we, the community give no recipes, you need to read and learn linux, at least the basics.

Luck.
    I really appreciate any help received. I have been using linux for a few years on and off, i can muddle through most things, however graphics and drivers are usually the problem i run into.