Thread: Email configuration Kali / Openvas

Email configuration Kali / Openvas

I have searched these forums, and searched the internet, but can't find the answer.

I want to be able to send the scan results from OpenVas on Kali to my internal Exchange server.

I installed MailUtils, but it didn't work. I searched for configuration of MailUtils, but couldn't see any. I installed SendMail, Postfix and exim4-config with the same results.

What can I install and how should I configure it to use our internal exchange server to send emails to me?

I hit this stumbling block also but managed to figure it out. I used openvas 8 on Kali and figured it was using sendemail for the alerting. I had to dig around to find the config file and edit it there manually. I documented and wrote a guide here: http://www.mickwalton.com/how-to-set...on-kali-linux/

This should help you change the defaulkt send address to your internal exchange server.

mickwalton, your link is in invalid (404). Could you please tell me how you configured openvas to use sendmail. I installed ssmtp and I get test emails successfully but I am not getting any emails from openvas alerts.