Thread: Armitage db_nmap Error

Armitage db_nmap Error

Hello all, I am hoping someone here will have a fix to this issue.

I am currently running Kali Linux x64 1.0.5 in a VMware environment. The issues that I am having is w=henever I try to do anythign within Armitage I am receiving the following error(s)

Code:
    msf > db_nmap --min-hostgroup 96 -T4 -A -v -n Victim IP Address
    [-] Error while running command db_nmap: Broken pipe

Call stack:
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/open3.rb:202:in `spawn'
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/open3.rb:202:in `popen_run'
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/open3.rb:90:in `popen3'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:1467:in `block in cmd_db_nmap'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/ui/vendor/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-3.2.13/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:129:in `with_connection'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:1427:in `cmd_db_nmap'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:427:in `run_command'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:389:in `block in run_single'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:383:in `each'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:383:in `run_single'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:200:in `run'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/ui/web/console.rb:71:in `block in initialize'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/core/thread_manager.rb:100:in `call'
    /opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/core/thread_manager.rb:100:in `block in spawn'
    This is the process I am using to start Armitage.

Code:
    Open terminal
                service postgresql start
                service metasploit start
                armitage
    The GUI starts, and it looks like everything is working properly. However, as soon as I try to run any commands, I.E. nmap etc..., I receive the error that is posted at the beginning of this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Check if msf is successfully connected to the database (newer version to postgresql older to mysql)
    msf > db_status
    [*] postgresql connected to msf3

Possible some pipe/fifo file is damaged in case stream to the database is queued (dont know if this type of file is used here, but this is how the errors sounds to me - Broken pipe)
    find / -type p