Thread: How to fix DNS leak on Kali?

How to fix DNS leak on Kali?

Hello,

I've already looked in the troubleshooting guide and on google. But I didn't find any solution yet. Some troubleshooting that I found weren't working on my system.
    I am using a VPN (from Perfect Privacy) to connect to the Internet but my DNS is leaking hard. The PP connection manager isn't working on my system so i am using the standard network manager.

System: Kali 1.0.5 64 bit Gnome on HDD.

I check up my DNS via www.dnsleaktest.com and there seems no DNS leak. But when I check my DNS via www.check2ip.com there are a lot of DNS Servers from my ISP.

Why is there any difference? Why is dnsleaktest.com not listing my real ISP DNS when check2ip.com has no problem ? And the real question is: How do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I hope this time this thread won't be deleted.

Still looking for help. If I put a Socks5 after my VPN (VPN -> Socks5 -> WWW) then there is no DNS leak at all. But I dont want to use a Socks5 permanently while I have a VPN running.

are you browsing the internet before you connect to vpn? or are you connecting to vpn before you begin to browse?

Quote Originally Posted by brazen View Post
    are you browsing the internet before you connect to vpn? or are you connecting to vpn before you begin to browse?
    The first thing I do after booting my notebook is to connect to the vpn before I start Iceweasel