Thread: Truoble in booting & installing kali on mac

Truoble in booting & installing kali on mac

Hello,
    First of all i expect this is the correct part of the forum to post this, i've read the normative, so if there is something i`ve missed please tell me.

Well i have a mac and i want to install kali. I have mounted and usb in windows with a program i like and is usefull called RUFUS. I boot mac and select the usb too boot with. I run trough all the process with any difficulty and made the partitions. The problem comes when i reboot the system to start with kali. It does not apear as an option to select the OS.
    I have a program called rEElt to choose the booteable OS i prefere when the computers starts. When i installed backtrack i use the same procedure and in that menu i could choose the OS i prefer and after that grub appears asking again which OS i will prefer. When i installed kali with rEElt kali does not appear, and after choosing MAC OS grub does not appear also.

I have checked that the partitions are created with DiskUtil, and the are created and ok. But there is no way on starting kali. I have installed it several times and looked in google what could happen. I did not fin anything so please help me.

I dont want to create a VM so don't tell me to put in a VM.
    Thanks in andvanced

Refit was working nicely but it is not developed anymore and it is now the turn of rEFInd for multi-boot in mac OS

I hope that this will solve my problem! I will comment if it works!
    Thank you!

did not work for me, I doesn't detect the Kali partition! any other ideas?