Thread: Piping possible passphrases to brute force, turning off computer, then resuming pipe

Piping possible passphrases to brute force, turning off computer, then resuming pipe

Hi, as speed is not the main factor here I'd like to do a brute force attack against a WPA handshake that may take a relatively long time. Initially I was looking into using crunch to create wordlists of a manageable size then feeding each wordlist into pyrit (or aircrack etc.) but creating the wordlists then using pyrit is effectively doubling the workload. (OK not quite but you see where I'm going here)

Is it possible to pipe the output from crunch to pyrit AND pause the progress or turn off the computer then pick up where I left off?

I know it's possible to pipe crunch to pyrit, I want to be able to stop and start the same attack as I please from the point I left off.

Thanks in advance...

does pyrit shows the key that it is trying, or at least the last key tryed?

Is this what you're looking for:

crunch 10 10 abcdef23456789 -s aaaaaaaaaa | pyrit -e BTHub3-1234 -i - -o - passthrough | cowpatty -d - -r '/root/Desktop/sniff_dump-04.cap' -s BTHub3-1234

Press Ctrl+c on the keyboard to end the task, crunch will then tell you the string it ended on.
    To resume the task at any point, change "-s aaaaaaaaaa" to whatever crunch ended on.