Thread: No Internet Connectivity on KALI

Question No Internet Connectivity on KALI

Hey Everyone. I am having a very wierd issue with my internet connectivity on KALI. I am using an alfa awus036h usb adapter. I can connect to my wireless access point but cant connect to any website. The wierd thing is that i can also ping my gateway but cant access it from a browser,tried this from a windows 7 workstation and all went well. My routing ip table looks fine for me as well. Tried to use wireshark to figure out whats happening but i cant see my http requests there.

Code:
    >>>>> route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
    0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wlan1
    192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wlan1
    I lately installed vmware workstation so i dont know if its network manager might be conflicting with something.

Any suggestions are appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by sab3awi View Post
    Hey Everyone. I am having a very wierd issue with my internet connectivity on KALI. I am using an alfa awus036h usb adapter. I can connect to my wireless access point but cant connect to any website. The wierd thing is that i can also ping my gateway but cant access it from a browser,tried this from a windows 7 workstation and all went well. My routing ip table looks fine for me as well. Tried to use wireshark to figure out whats happening but i cant see my http requests there.

Code:
    >>>>> route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
    0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wlan1
    192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wlan1
    I lately installed vmware workstation so i dont know if its network manager might be conflicting with something.

Any suggestions are appreciated..
    hi
    my little suggestion...if this can help you...... have you try a bridged connection in vmware network adapter?

@my bridged (vmware) example:

http://imageshack.us/f/823/nwlj.png/
    bye && @zoom

I had a similar problem when I was working on IPtables and FireStarter. Had to disable firestarter before traffic worked. Curious if this is the same issue I experienced.

@zimmaro: it seems you misunderstood, i actually have vmware installed on kali, that is kali is the host os.

@blackMORE: Nope buddy, i havent been messing with any firewalls out there.

Anyway i have resolved the issue by removing the adapters that vmware creates these are vmnet1 and vmnet8 which are used for Bridging and Natting connections, since it seems they have been conflicting with my wlan adapter.

Image HERE

Thanks for the Replies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sab3awi View Post
    @zimmaro: it seems you misunderstood, i actually have vmware installed on kali, that is kali is the host os.

@blackMORE: Nope buddy, i havent been messing with any firewalls out there.

Anyway i have resolved the issue by removing the adapters that vmware creates these are vmnet1 and vmnet8 which are used for Bridging and Natting connections, since it seems they have been conflicting with my wlan adapter.

Image HERE

Thanks for the Replies anyway.
    very sorry!! i don't understand !! the kali is host os.....
    but i replace a ""test"" in MY kali host with win7 in vmware with same configuration && worked:
    #host os=kali-linux_amd64 (with installed vmware-player)
    #win7sp1= in vmware
    #connection of kali to internet by alfa36h (wlan2)
    #connection of win7 (vmware)to internet set automatic-bridged
    http://imageshack.us/f/571/7qp5.png/
    bye

YIKES... My baad. I actually got distracted by the red Faces.

GD Luck buddy

I like a poster who asks something, solves it and comes back to post the solution. It will help others in the long run.