Thread: Unable to log into into Kali Linux 1.0.4???

Angry Unable to log into into Kali Linux 1.0.4???

I am new to Kali Linux, but have used Knoppix & Fedora for some time now...I was wondering if somebody here would be able to help me with my queries
    I set up encrypted LVM on the entire disk(320GB) overwriting the v7.1 Knoppix, encrypted LVM was v.6.4.4 if my memory serves me right
    1. option to set up user name and password does not come up during GUI install but instead I get a host name and password option
    2. on reboot to start up it asks for user name & password under three options "system default", "Gnome classic" & "Gnome", tried the root user name & password when host name & password did not work, DID NOT WORK. tried "CANCEL", no go...
    (+61)402350315

2. From the sounds of it, you may have missed something. During a normal LVM gui install, it will ask you twice to enter a password. One for the Root user password, and the other for the encryption password. On boot its the ladder, the encryption password that you will need use.

I would recommend to just try again fresh, and make sure you are following the guide, http://docs.kali.org/installation/ka...d-disk-install hopefully it will get you back up and running.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

@ my second attempt which was a GUI install, it asked for a wireless access point password to exchange keys, I entered the password for that & it returned a "failure" message several times. It then gave me the option to proceed without having to configure the "online network", which was all well & good. There was also several options to "configure the network mirror in Australia", every single mirror knocked me back. I did set up the "root password" but there was no option to set up the "encryption password"...
    (+61)402350315