Thread: GNOME not starting?

GNOME not starting?

Hello,

I'm new to kali and linux environment in general. I'm trying to install Kali on my laptop, i have a 512GB SSD where i have W7 installed along with 3 other partitions, i can't install Kali there. So i created a bootable image of kali from original ISO using Universal USB Installer. I then rebooted from the USB and installed kali on a 100GB partition on my other drive. I installed GRUB on it and using easyBCD i added Kali to the windows Bootloader, so now when i start my computer i get the windows bootloader, if i choose Kali it points to the grub on the second hard drive, which is working just fine. I then choose to boot on kali but after loading kernel and all, i get a screen that says:Oh no! Something went wrong. Please contact a system administrator. The mouse still moves and i can see the time, battery and root icon but after a while they disappear and i'm left with that error message. Although i can switch to terminals, i don't know what exactly i should do. From what i've read on some forums, i assume this should be an error due to graphics card or sound card, but i can't confirm it. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7850M and my sound card is a beatsaudio ( i don't have the specific model sorry).
    I've tried reinstalling the system 4 times but i always get the same error. I checked a thread on some forum and did the following:
    Code:
    Auto login:
    kwrite /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc
    add this in last rows

[X-:0-Core]
        AutoLoginAgain=true
        AutoLoginDelay=0
        AutoLoginEnable=true
        AutoLoginLocked=false
        AutoLoginUser=root

Disable splash:
    kwrite /etc/default/grub

Find: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet "
        Change to: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

Type in your terminal:

update-grub

Restart!
    It still didn't fix anything. I still got the same error after boot.

Is there anything i should do to diagnose this issue?

EDIT:
    This is the content generated by Xorg
    Code:
    http://pastebin.com/FxgNCecJ
    Last edited by Yash; 2013-10-30 at 11:58.

Updating this thread for people who have a similar problem:
    This bug is caused by the snd-usb-audio module. After disabling it the system started without problem but the sound was terrible. I have an HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO 3D and it has Beats Audio sound card, Codec: IDT 92HD91BXX
    It is supposed to have 4 speakers and a subwoofer, but only one (or 2 i'm not sure) speakers work, and the result is horrifying. The sound card manufacturer is not providing a driver for linux based OS so it's up to the community to help with this. If you have anything that can help with this please post it here, i will update the thread as soon as i get something done.
    Last edited by Yash; 2013-11-23 at 13:38.