Thread: Which is your favorite browser to use?

Which is your favorite browser to use?

Which is your favorite browser to use? Any special reason you prefer this one over another?

Quote Originally Posted by brazen View Post
    Which is your favorite browser to use? Any special reason you prefer this one over another?

Firefox. I prefer open source software, I support Mozilla, and it is so customizable with all the add ons available. On top of Internet Explorer and Chrome being inferior to Firefox, I loathe Microsoft and Google, so I won't touch those browsers.

chrome is good for windows...but when it comes in linux version...its all buggy

and by firefox, do you mean iceweasel or do you mean actual firefox? what's the difference for you between using iceweasel and using firefox?

i am just wanting to learn, which is why i posted the question.

thanks!

iceweasel is firefox in linux version...iceweasel is more like optimized for linux...

OS X - Safari/Chrome. Safari's sandboxing features are very powerful on OS X, but managing the extensions/addons aren't as easy as Firefox/Chrome. Chrome is otherwise the best 3rd party browser.

Windows - Chrome.

Linux - Iceweasel (built on Firefox platform)

Iceweasel for linux... but it has one cons that it has no extentions
    so sometimes i'd prefere Chrome and actually for now it's less buggy.

While in Root user I switch between Iceweasel and OWASP Mantra. OWASP Mantra is designed for web application testing and is built upon Firefox. It comes fully loaded with extension for both penetrative tests and information collection and has FireCAT fully integrated. It's my choice for work. Iceweasel for general browsing/research. In my guest user account I keep Tor Browser (Firefox build). One the dual boot-up for Windows I use Chrome as it's well stacked for everyday use. I also keep Tor ready on the Windows partition.

Iceweasel does support extensions. For the most part Firefox extensions will work.

I gotta look into OWASP Mantra; sounds like a great tool for the toolbox