Thread: Torrent and direct download of kali 32 bit not working.

Torrent and direct download of kali 32 bit not working.

Dear All,
    I have gone to this link http://www.kali.org/downloads/ I have tried to download both the torrent based and direct download of the kali 32 bit. Thereafter checked the checksum both matched. I have put into usb tried failed, tried to burn on cd also did not load. Any help please tired of so many times downloading and burning to many cds.

2. What method are you using to attempt to put it to usb? Have you checked your bios settings to ensure you have cd-rom set to boot before harddrive? Did you burn the dvd at the slowest possible setting or the highest? What are you running; a MacBook, HP, homebuilt?
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

I am also experiencing some issues with the download of any of the ISO's and torrent.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1) Navigate to http://www.kali.org/downloads/
    2) Click on the Kali Linux 1.0.5 64-Bit ISO file
    Expected outcome:
    - The iso is successfully downloaded
    Actual outcome:
    - File starts to download and after some time stops. Maybe it times out etc.

I have tried different browsers, different IP's, different telco's and the same behaviour is observed. I have also tried curl.

See Curl command
    curl http://mirror.nus.edu.sg/kali/kali-i....0.5-amd64.iso -o kali-linux-1.0.5-amd64.iso
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    58 2408M 58 1406M 0 0 248k 0 2:45:28 1:36:36 1:08:52 87108
    curl: (18) transfer closed with 1051310636 bytes remaining to read
    Any attempts to resume download quickly time out.

In regards to the torrent file. I am unable to get Transmission or uTorrent to open the file. They complain that the torrent file is corrupt or invalid.

Any ideas or some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks…..
    Last edited by cipherxor; 2013-11-04 at 20:31.

Dear Charon,
    Previously I download the version 1.3. I just put into the usb and set the bios settings everything works perfectly fine but the openvas did not work then some suggested the new version. So anything I might be missing please suggest. No I did not burn the dvd at slowest possible setting. I am running a normal pc with windows 7 in it.

Dear Cipherxor,
    Yes I observe the same issue like you at times its downloading and so quickly done but infact its just a corrupted file. Guess I am not the only one here. Hope some one can help us.

The issues with download still exist as described above. I am hoping tha wget will solve the issue. It seems that the server allows resumable downloads. I am using this wget command.

$ wget -c --retry-connrefused --tries=75 http://mirror.nus.edu.sg/kali/kali-i....0.5-amd64.iso
    I am hoping that this will allow me to snag the entire iso file as I need if for Kiwicon this week
    Last edited by cipherxor; 2013-11-04 at 20:32.

Dear Cipherxor,
    LEt you try and share you experience here ya.

The wget command above worked. I was able to snag the entire ISO file. It took several hours due to repeated timeouts from the server and poor bandwidth in my part of the world. But it did download.
    It would be good however to address the original problem downloading using the browser.

I've been having issues with the direct download of the 64-bit version (I'm currently downloading the 32-bit to try it). When I try to install to a flash drive using Rufus, Yumi, or Win32 they can't extract the files. When I try to extract it myself using 7zip it says Data Error: File is broken. Any ideas?

Hi all ,

I ve download Torrent version and direct download of the ISO , but i cant mont anyone of Them ...( 64 bits version ) , something is corrupted in the download ??..

Also on torrent download it ask me for a log and pass while downloading the file with Vuze ... ( looking on forum and help but cant find anything about this log and pass ) ..

I've tried to download the 64bit and 32bit version times outs and corrupted file. Also I tried to download the torrent file but it said it wasn't a valid torrent file. I tried it under Linux / Windows to download the file. IE 8 - 10, Firefox, Chrome etc same problems. I have downloaded several files today without a problem.