Thread: Sudo and GDBus.Error

Exclamation Sudo and GDBus.Error

What I did before the error:
    Code:
    $ sudo rsync -a /usr/* /media/4c**********/usr/ ## To backup my /usr directory because my system partition was running out of space
    $ su
    # export PATH="/media/4c*******/usr/bin:/media/4c*****/usr/sbin:etc:etc:etc:${PATH}" ## So that system searches /media/4c****/usr/* before /usr
    # rm -r /usr/* && mount --bind /media/4c*******/usr /usr ## To make space on system partition and then replace /usr with 'external' partition
    # exit
    $ sudo nano /etc/fstab ## about to make changes persistant but,
    sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?
    $ su
    # apt-get update
    Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.PermissionsInvalid: The permission of the setuid helper is not correct
    # apt-get upgrade
    ..... ## everything went well except like the update
    Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.PermissionsInvalid: The permission of the setuid helper is not correct
    What to do?

hmm

Well, I think I aa going to just reinstall Kali and set up proper LVM, that woulda saved my from this mess.

I don't know where I went wrong, I thought I knew what I was doing. I checked stat /usr/bin/sudo and it is 4755 root:root so I don't know what the **** it's complaining about...

Screw it, I'll take it as a lesson and never do that again. Be wise and learn from a fools mistake!