Hey, I'm new to Kali Linux. I don't want to make kali my only OS, so I made a VM. So since I knew that VMs need a USB wifi adapter, I did some research and it seemed the Alfa AWUS036NHA was good for kali. So I plugged it in to my computer, went to VMware Workstation, went to Removable Devices, disconnected the adapter from host and onto Kali. I then typed in ifconfig, but I still only had eth0 and lo. After a few searches on Google, it seemed I was missing firmware, so I installed that successfully. But still no interface... I read over the "Troubleshooting Network Adapters" documentation for No Interface, but I still haven't got it to work. Here's the odd thing. I can browse websites on the internet. But under airmon-ng and ifconfig I have no adapter connected. Also, when I tried doing a nmap service scan on another VM (metasploitable) It said that all 1000 ports were closed. I'm not plugged in through an Ethernet cable. Can anyone help? Any feedback would be appreciated. Also sorry if this is the wrong section, this is my first post...

Thanks in advance.