Thread: Disable Wireless Authentication Notifications

Disable Wireless Authentication Notifications

I would like to disable wireless authentication notifications. They drive me crazy and notify me (while I'm in the middle of typing) of available wireless networks, whether I am connected to the internet or not, disabling notifications, does absolutely nothing. Please help, this is annoying as $%#@%^*&%^&*. O_O

Please dont tell me to UTFSE I have on here, on Kalilinux.net (forums also) and on Google, to no avail. Thank you for any useful responses I receive.

Jeremy

Using Gnome or XFCE and I never had this problem...Which graphical environment do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by kcdtv View Post
    Using Gnome or XFCE and I never had this problem...Which graphical environment do you use?
    Gnome with amd 64bit Kali 1.05.

The worst is that the notifications dont care if I'm currently on an active fast internet connection when they notify me, and removing the checkmark next to enable notifications, does absolutely nothing, despite what I assume it's SUPPOSED to do....I heard from other forums to find nm-applet in the dconf editor and change the option there, but the nm-applet tab is not in the gnome menu. Maybe those people were assuming "Backtrack 6" was still on ubuntu. I would love to find the nm-applet settings, I think that'd get me on my way to where I would like to be going. Also, let it be known at least 3 or 4 times while Ive typed this Ive been notified to reenter my password, well for no **** reason, since it's entered and correct already. This also happens on other networks Ive connected to, so it's the computer obviously, not the router or anything like that. :\ So......PLEASE save my fingers from constantly having to mouse over to the word cancel like 50 times in a row by saving me from these **** pop ups. Thank you in advance for all your help.

ALSO, if a solution is to have it somehow pop up in a different workspace then the main desktop space Im already working on, I could live with that as long as I can maintain functionality elsewhere -.-

EDIT:
    At least 6 or 7 times, maybe 8. :\
    Last edited by eyekantbeme; 2013-11-10 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by eyekantbeme View Post
    Gnome with amd 64bit Kali 1.05.

The worst is that the notifications dont care if I'm currently on an active fast internet connection when they notify me, and removing the checkmark next to enable notifications, does absolutely nothing, despite what I assume it's SUPPOSED to do....I heard from other forums to find nm-applet in the dconf editor and change the option there, but the nm-applet tab is not in the gnome menu. Maybe those people were assuming "Backtrack 6" was still on ubuntu. I would love to find the nm-applet settings, I think that'd get me on my way to where I would like to be going. Also, let it be known at least 3 or 4 times while Ive typed this Ive been notified to reenter my password, well for no **** reason, since it's entered and correct already. This also happens on other networks Ive connected to, so it's the computer obviously, not the router or anything like that. :\ So......PLEASE save my fingers from constantly having to mouse over to the word cancel like 50 times in a row by saving me from these **** pop ups. Thank you in advance for all your help.

ALSO, if a solution is to have it somehow pop up in a different workspace then the main desktop space Im already working on, I could live with that as long as I can maintain functionality elsewhere -.-

EDIT:
    At least 6 or 7 times, maybe 8. :\

ALSO (I tried to edit my last post to no avail :\ )

I saw this in another thread, (on a different site) So my guess is they're saying trash nm-applet and go with this? Also, I'm using the AWUS 036H card, which is the same card the guy who started the thread was using. I'm going to try to leave it disconnected and see if I still get a pop up orgy. :\ Thanks you guys.

/*
    "I had the same problem. I'll tell you what I did. I'm guessing you're using network manager? I just installed wicd and then AFTER I installed wicd, I purged network manager. Wicd is a little easier with 2 cards because in the preferences you can type which card to use and it will ONLY use that one card. For example, you can have it use Wlan0. It takes 2 seconds to switch too when you want to change which card. That's just what I did to fix that. Wicd is a little more stable than network manager."
    */

ALSO......I feel rather stupid, but the pop ups are gone now that I don't have 2 wireless cards battling each other out. So technically I guess the problem is solved, unless Im using my card. If I am using it, the pop ups won't bother me nearly as much. The only thing that is nice about them is that if I hit cancel whether the pop up was in regards to my network or not, it does not mess with the functionality of my current connection. So basically the issue was resolved by leaving my external USB unplugged, which isnt THAT convenient, but if nm-applet options isnt anywhere to be found, then this will work for now. Thank you, I appreciate your help, kcdtv.

Have a nice day, I hope this helps someone else, feel free to message me if you're having trouble.
    Last edited by eyekantbeme; 2013-11-10 at 17:38.

I'd like to clarify, the issue isnt completely absolutely resolved, but removing the USB card and almost distinguished the fire completely -.-