Thread: Loading / partition to ram?

Loading / partition to ram?

Well I have this little laptop with 4 gigs of ram (probably getting to be lower end market by this time) anyways, I monitor my system a lot and even when I am building kernels or Android ROMS I never use more than 50% of my memory, so I have a / partition that is 1.5 gigs in size, I want to load that up into ram so that my system doesn't need to read from disk to execute those low level system binaries and other programs. For performance.

Are there any "GOOD" tutorials on how to do this, I read a few but I get worried when the responses are people correcting the OP and then a whole debate breaks out on what is right or wrong. I just need a pointer in the right direction, I spent yesterday getting my system back to where it was before I goofed it and I don't want to have to do that again until never.

At this very moment I am building Android and only using about 32 % of my memory and even though the / partition is 1.5 gigs, it isn't full, it still has 1.1 gigs of free space so I really only need about 512mb in ram to load my root dir as long as I don't install any new programs that would fill it up.

I know everyone says google it, but I have read a lot of bull **** tutorials that caused my system to break, I know right, "Don't worry dude, I learned it on the Internet." < Don't trust that guy with your computer.
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-04-01 at 08:49. Reason: Swearing