Thread: Kali Secure Boot Install

Kali Secure Boot Install

I want to dual boot kali linux with my Windows 8.1 laptop and understand how to do it. I just have a small question. Because Kali is Debian based and Debian has been certified by Microsoft for use with Secure Boot via issuing a security certificate, will I be able to keep Secure Boot enabled when I install Kali?

Hi, i have been having problems to install Kali on my UEFI system too.

I have followed the tutorial where u must copy the EFI boot files from Fedora but booting with secure boot on, says that i must install kernel headers first, if i disable secure boot i receive a error " secure boot not enabled" and hangs here.
    I only was able to boot kali turning off Secure boot and changing bios to CSM.

I havent instaled it because i dont knhow if after the instalation i will be able to enable secure boot and UEFI bios.

Im also interested to knhow if someone was able to work around all this.

I did with 2 successful ways.

1. you can go on to the UEFI web site and microsoft website give some info and downloads some toolkits, do some reading and some searching to see what other people have done unfortunately its different for every set up so i cant really do a step by step but the UEFI website has some great PDFS and youtube videos that helped me with this way

2.THIS RENDERS YOUR SECURE BOOT ON YOUR WINDOWS 8.1 EFI PARTITION USELESS!!! Copy the efi partition from your windows system to your live kali flashdrive but resize the partition, Robocopy (in CMD) doesnt seem to work fully, minitools partition wizard does and a better but more roundabout way is using paragons HDM 14 migrating the os to a spare hard drive and adding a boot option for it (its an option in HDM) then from there copy the efi partition from the original windows 8.1 disk and resize it to the size of your usb. After that i turned the usb into a key using bitlocker (donst ask how i was screwing around like a noob) then mount the kali iso copy and paste the files onto the usb using an extraction method like unetbootin or lili will not work. use http://www.rmprepusb.com/ to install a basic boot loader AND NOTHING ELSE! then because of the copied partition it will already have and EFI file. I cant remember the full details of this way so it will take some guess and check but using a combination of the windows system files and the grub.cfg youre talking about it should work.

Hopefully this works for you or its enough to get some ideas going