Thread: Good bully tutorial

Good bully tutorial

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get bully up and running, but I keep getting
    Code:
     Unknown frequency '2412' reported by interface 'mon0'
    which doesn't bring anything up on google. If I try a more generic search I get drowned in a flood of pages and videos about being beaten up at school or suchlike (seriously do devs pic names to be deliberately annoying when searching for info?).

Anyway can anybody point me to a good tutorial/explanation/run through of bully?

Thanks

~Mex

There really is no good tutorial because all environments are different. Some APs have mac filtering, static IP address assignment, different security types, rate limiting, etc. Anyways...

Instead of bully, I recommend you use reaver. It is included in the Kali package by default and does almost the same exact thing as bully, just I think it has a few more advanced features. You can find a full tutorial here. I would try:

Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng mon0
    reaver -i mon0 -c CHANNEL NUMBER -a -S -L -N -d 0 -b MAC ADDR OF VICTIM -vv
    *Be sure to stop airodump before running reaver*

-a auto selects certain features, -S means uses small dh keys for poor hardware on the victim AP so the router doesn't slow and freeze up (speeds up attacks, -L means ignore lockouts (you may want to shut this off if the AP has rate limiting), -N means no nacks (speeds up the attack), -d 0 means after 1 pin succeeds, the next one will be tried right away, (takes away the 1 second delay between attempts), and -vv is just verbose mode.

If you really want to use bully, commands are listed here. If i were to run this, I would do this:

Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng mon0
    bully -b MAC ADDR OF VICTIM -A -vv mon0
    *Be sure to stop airodump before running bully*

-A is no nacks like mentioned above, and -vv is verbose mode.

Remember, hacking into a network that is not yours or that you do not have permission to is illegal. I am not responsibefor what you do with this information!
    Last edited by soxrok2212; 2013-11-23 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    There really is no good tutorial because all environments are different. Some APs have mac filtering, static IP address assignment, different security types, rate limiting, etc. Anyways...

Instead of bully, I recommend you use reaver.
    I've been using reaver for quite some time, I just wanted to get to grips with the new kid on the block some people are raving about.

If you really want to use bully, commands are listed here.
    Yea, already aware of that, but it doesn't help with the error message I'm getting ;^<

Thanks for the help anyway though.

~Mex

What are the commands you're using?

I had the same issue using bully. you need to specify the channel to fix it.