Thread: Searching for a new wifi card for use with Kali and aircrack-ng

Searching for a new wifi card for use with Kali and aircrack-ng

Dear readers,

I'm searching for a new wifi card witch will be used in Kali and aircrack-ng.
    Kali version: 1.0.5 installed as dual boot with windows 7 home premium 64 bit on SSD
    I have searched alot but can't found some good stuff (most of the resources are outdated).
    For example:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/wiki/...reless_Drivers
    and aircrack-ng himself: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatible_cards

Both are outdated.
    Can somebody provide me with a up to date recourse or has somebody a good wifi card I can use with Kali and is supported with aircrack-ng.

RL600

I recommend the Alfa Awus036h. The range on the thing is incredible. It has an RTL8187L chipset which is HIGHLY supported by aircrack. The only drawback is that it is only a b/g card but it still works amazing. Also, you don't need to install any drivers. It is just plug n play!

If you decide to buy this, I recommend getting one from DBROTH on amazon (I think that's how you spell it) because there are a TON of fake Alfa cards on the market. I got mine from there and it is genuine.

Also, it works in Windows too so if you need it there, you got it.

Just keep in mind that hacking into a network that is not yours or that you don't have permission to Is illegal an I am not responsible for what you do with this information.
    Last edited by soxrok2212; 2013-11-23 at 13:24.