Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 802.11 Recommended Wireless Cards

This can be added to the list, works in any flavor of Linux / MAC OS / Wins also.

http://airlink101.com/products/awll6075.php

Thanks for your nice post. I have learned such more on here.

High-power long range and high sensitivity clipper b/g/n usb adapter 950wn

Intel Dual-Band Wireless Adapter AC-3165 has not been mentioned anywhere in the list of compatibility section. It's an internal wifi adapter which supports both packet injection and monitor mode. If you're planning to buy a new laptop, you must see if this adapter is built-in. So you don't have to buy these expensive external wifi adapter.
    Last edited by _defalt; 2016-12-19 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    Intel Dual-Band Wireless Adapter AC-3165 has not been mentioned anywhere in the list of compatibility section. It's an internal wifi adapter which supports both packet injection and monitor mode. If you're planning to buy a new laptop, you must see if this adapter is built-in. So you don't have to buy these expensive external wifi adapter.
    Do you have some kind of source for this as I've read the opposite (Monitor mode support, NO injection) on two other spots and myself don't get the injection going. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by JK24 View Post
    Do you have some kind of source for this as I've read the opposite (Monitor mode support, NO injection) on two other spots and myself don't get the injection going. Appreciate it!
    Intel Dual-Band Wireless AC-3165 is a new model of Intel family. So not much websites know about its compatibility.
    I didn't check any source. I did the compatibility test myself. Then I decided to add this card in the compatibility section. Aircrack-ng compatibility list only mentions those external wifi adapters which are expensive(though they are better). They don't make sure to update list for new internal wifi adapters. Why to buy an external wifi adapter if your built-in wifi adapter can do the same work.

Just want to say that this link is dead(Came over it just becuz im seeking help with my Grundig
    Ralink)
    Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Little John

ADMIN OBS: All text styles in Signature are the same

Internal wifi card Realtek 8188ce, in Kali Linux it uses driver rtl8192ce (so probably a card on Realtek 8192ce chipset would work just as well or even better) and works great out of the box. I've found it by accident using my HP Mini 110 even though normally such laptops use wireless that can't do monitor mode or injection. It is plug-n-play in Kali Linux. Please note that according to service manuals HP Mini 110 normally comes with Broadcomm wireless adapter, so check the wireless adapter before buying a laptop.

8188ce can see many access points (about as many as TP-LINK TL-WN722N or Alfa AWUS036NHA!) and works great with Kali Linux (both injection and monitor mode work on par with the best recommended cards).

Samsung 2.4/5GHz wifi dongle for SmartTV, blu-ray players, etc, model WIS12ABGNX
    Uses Ralink RT3572 chipset (same chipset that recent Alfa adapters use), works with Kali out of the box (both monitor mode and injection are available). It uses tiny internal antenna so don't expect great reception. Sensitivity and transmission strength are mediocre at best, but sufficient for many cases.

are there any up to date usb wifi cards / sticks, being perfectly compatible with kali, airo* software, wireshark ... with 2.4 & 5ghz and/or 802.11ac ?