Thread: USB Wireless Adapter Problem [Belkin N150]

USB Wireless Adapter Problem [Belkin N150]

Now before anyone tells me to do my own research before posting a thread, I have. I have done the best research and installing that I could with my current knowledge of Kali to fix my problem.

So lets get to it:

I am running Kali Linux downloaded from the official website, burned to a CD and then installed as my primary OS on my Laptop, because I want my laptop running solely on Kali Linux, I no longer have Windows Installed on the computer.

My onboard wireless card does not support packet injection, so I bought this with hope that this wireless adapter might support it. Now I can connect to the internet with the USB adapter, but in airmon-ng the chipset is "Unknown". In airmon-ng it shows my onboard card and this one listed as "wlan1 Unknown r8712u". Also please note that when I use my onboard wireless card to connect to the internet and I don't use my USB adapter, it will not show up in airmon-ng at all. I plugged the adapter into a windows machine [Win7] to get some information about the device. The windows driver was listed as RTL8192su.sys. I googled this driver and I believe the chipset is RTL8192C.

This is the Device: http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F9L1001/

Any help is greatly appreciated

Some of the N150 adapters were shipped with Ralink RT2870 chipsets.
    Smile while you can for in the future there my be nothing to smile about.
    申し訳ありませんが、これは翻訳することができませんでした。