Thread: Problem with Kali USB Loader and MacBook Pro Retina

Problem with Kali USB Loader and MacBook Pro Retina

I was finally able to create a Kali USB Installer with Mac Linux USB Loader (creates the EFI/BOOT file path). When I restart hold Alt, I get to a screen that has OSX, Windows, Windows (I'm also attempting Windows 7 install without Bootcamp) and EFI installer. When I click on the EFI installer, I get the GRUB prompt and not sure what to do here. If I click on either of the Windows loaders (in REFIND), I get the same error - "NON SYSTEM DISK - PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT"
    Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it's just not possible to triple boot with Kali.

I should also add that I partitioned my HD for each OS in advance including the swap drive (2 GB) for Kali.

Thanks.

Make sure your EFI partition is the first one on your disk, and that its formatted as FAT.

dsound, i virtually have no idea what i am doing. i know kali is an advanced distro, but i figured i would at least try installing kali for fun while learning linux on ubuntu...

Anyway, i used a program called "Mac Linux USB Loader". It was free and on the first attempt it boots fine all the way up to the login screen. Only it keeps giving me an "authentication failure" and I can't figure out the correct username/password.

By the way, I'm on a Retina Macbook Pro as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buscape View Post
    dsound, i virtually have no idea what i am doing. i know kali is an advanced distro, but i figured i would at least try installing kali for fun while learning linux on ubuntu...

Anyway, i used a program called "Mac Linux USB Loader". It was free and on the first attempt it boots fine all the way up to the login screen. Only it keeps giving me an "authentication failure" and I can't figure out the correct username/password.

By the way, I'm on a Retina Macbook Pro as well.
    Thats a known problem thats been bugging me too. Someone made a thread on it here: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...rom-usb-on-mac

I had the same problem, so I just installed it on my hard drive, but I'm still having problems, just not this problem.