Thread: Kali Classification [Gnome/Debian] Question

Kali Classification [Gnome/Debian] Question

Hello, I have a simple question, I have been using Kali however I find it very odd that all the tools are in /usr/bin directory, and its really hard to find the tools as they are not classified.. However In backtrack there is a /pentest/ directory... where all the tools are classified.
    Can Somebody tell me how I can download that so all my tools are in /pentest/ directory and classified. I don't mind downloading and installing Kali again. But please direct me in which distribution of Kali that is available.

Where's my /pentest Directory?

Gone. Kaput. Kwisha. Dissipated. FHS compliance has removed the /pentest structure from our distribution. Although the /pentest directory tree was a signature of our previous distributions for many years, it always brought with it policy questions which could never be satisfactorily answered. For example, when does a tool go in /pentest, and when should it be placed in the $PATH ? Where should a tool like “sqlmap” be placed? Should it be in /pentest/web, or /pentest/database? With our new FHS compliant packages, there’s no guesswork left. Everything is in the path and accessible directly, as it should be.
    Source: http://www.kali.org/news/birth-of-kali/