Thread: Can't connect WPA2, only open networks

Can't connect WPA2, only open networks

Heya there!

I have the latest version of Kali Linux on a bootable DVD.
    I'm on a 7.1 Macbook pro, 13', 2010. Broadcom b43xx wireless card.

I can do monitor mode and capture packets successfully, I can connect to open networks just fine. All this through wlan0.

However, when I try to connect to my home network (WPA2) using the correct key, it keeps asking for the key as if it was wrong.
    Over, and over again. I've tried connecting through iwconfig though I'm kind of a newbie.

This also happens if I don't use MAC Spoofing, either way it can't connect.

Any idea what to do?

Cheers.

With the Broadcom card I believe you need B43-fwcutter to install the firmware to connect successfully. This thread may be of some help ... http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...ve-distro.html

I had a similar problem. I disabled IPV6 and it worked. Might not be relevant but here's me sharing my experience

Also Google helps .. bunch of solved threads in this search http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can%27t+connect+to+wpa2+in+linux

Hey!
    I installed b43-cutter. Also installed the b43 legacy drivers. What am I supposed to do? I'm running kali on a live DVD so i have to repeat all this every time.

But, what do I do after? If I try use network manager it gives the same problems as before.

Also, I've read pretty much all of the threads I could find on this. None helped. WPA supplicant fails to associate to the Ap too.

Hey i got kinda similar issue in my Alfa 036h let do this > first i try to unistall Gnome network manager (default, came with kali) and then install Wicd network manager, now my internet never disconnect again .. This issue i try in my alfa and Broadcom wireless it had same issue with kali always disconnected but think back when i use Backtrack they use Wicd network manager my wireless work find. it might happen with you

Good Luck
    I LOVE INTERNET