Thread: Can a mirror be configured after Kali is installed?

Smile Can a mirror be configured after Kali is installed?

I accidentally got interfaces confused and was not able to configure a "Mirror" during installation of VM in VirtualBox. When asked if I wanted to configure for "Mirrors" I had to say "NO" because I could not access the Internet on the interface that was configured. Once installed I could access the Internet on the other interface I configured on "VirtualBox". Is there a way to configure the Mirror in some config file now that Kali is installed? Thanks any help is appreciated, otherwise I will have to do a new install. Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by netsecure View Post
    I accidentally got interfaces confused and was not able to configure a "Mirror" during installation of VM in VirtualBox. When asked if I wanted to configure for "Mirrors" I had to say "NO" because I could not access the Internet on the interface that was configured. Once installed I could access the Internet on the other interface I configured on "VirtualBox". Is there a way to configure the Mirror in some config file now that Kali is installed? Thanks any help is appreciated, otherwise I will have to do a new install. Cheers!!
    What you are actually referring to are the repositories in the /etc/apt/sources.list file. It should look like this -> http://pastebin.com/5cUsiBZr

Next time please do a better job of searching the forums before posting such a question as there are already numerous posts explaining this. (Including the tutorial on VirtualBox)