Thread: OpenVAS can not log in

OpenVAS can not log in

Hi,

I'm brand new to Kali -and an intermediate Linux user. I'm interested in Kali because of the OpenVAS element, but I'm really struggling with getting OpenVAS working properly. I *think* it's installed properly (even managed to install a couple of packages it was complaining about) but no matter what I do, I can't get it to hold any credentials to run a scan with. The console simply refuses to save them, and the web front end hangs, then complains about a 500 internal server error.

Has anyone got OpenVAS working properly with Kali?

Great forum, and great distro by the way. Pleased to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by daveftm View Post
    I can't get it to hold any credentials to run a scan with. The console simply refuses to save them, and the web front end hangs, then complains about a 500 internal server error.
    GPG is used for credentials generation. This needs some entropy. Make some "noise" during credentials creation or install 'http://www.issihosts.com/haveged/'

had some problems 2 make sure that the ports needed are open and not blokked in the firewall
    this is wath i did
    #delete oldfiles if you havving problems
    apt-get remove --purge greenbone-security-assistant libopenvas6 openvas-administrator openvas-manager openvas-cli openvas-scanner
    #in case of y problems manually remove the var/lib/openvas folder 2

#install all
    apt-get install openvas openvas-administrator openvas-administrator-dbg openvas-cli openvas-cli-dbg openvas-manager openvas-manager-dbg openvas-scanner openvas-scanner-dbg libopenvas6 libopenvas6-dbg kali-linux kali-linux-full

#openvan check told me to isntall this 2
    apt-get install alien nsis rpm

#make a admin user
    test -e /var/lib/openvas/users/admin || openvasad -c add_user -n admin -r Admin