Thread: Having trouble installing Kali Linux 1.0.2. Please Help!?

Having trouble installing Kali Linux 1.0.2. Please Help!?

I have tried installing from a live usb that kept giving me a error saying couldn't find CD-ROM. I then tried using a mini-iso and that ended in success, but I am stuck in the console. Every attempt I make to start the gui fails. Yes, I have tried using startx. I have searched endlessly for hours with tons of suggestions ending in "can't find file", or "Command does not exist" or something of the sort. I have tried downloading many different images but they are all either corrupted or altered, according to Lili USB Creator. Any suggestions would be great and highly appreciated!

We recommend that you get the latest version of Kali-linux (at the time of posting 1.0.5 is now out).
    You can try and download it via direct links, however if that isn't working for you you are able to download it via a torrent.

Please make sure the SHA1 checksum is valid before trying to use the ISO.

You can find our USB installing guide at the following address: http://docs.kali.org/installation/ka...ve-usb-install

For us to help you any more, we will need to know what the exact error message(s) are.

Best of luck