Thread: where's my windows 7?

where's my windows 7?

So I followed the directions to install a dual boot system and now my windows 7 does not show up as an option to boot into. I had installed bt5 a few days ago and the installation procedure was far easier less messy. In order to install kali I had to reformat the partition that I created for bt5, and try to install it on that slice. I had to attempt to do this 3 times, each time after installation after post all that would display was the "(boot loader program) rescue" and any input was an invalid command. Now after the third time I got it all to install "properly" but windows 7 is missing... also how do I see the sizes of my hard drive?

I am very new to this and very excited to learn about linux, so please excuse my lack of knowledge of program names and processes, and let me know what I can clarify information about.

2. To see this sizes of your hard drives, open a console and type, "df -h" the dash -h means easier to understand. You should be able to see you windows partition from Kali, in dolphin browser or something... If not try "fdisk -l" in a terminal. Try reinstalling Grub2 only.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.