Thread: Evilgrade problem (itunes update)

Exclamation Evilgrade problem (itunes update)

I am currently trying to get Evilgrade to intercept the itunes update process on Windows. I currently have 11.0.3.43. I keep getting errors once the apple update service finds and downloads the payload.

1. Why is the EULA in Spanish?? And the title of the download is blank?? How do I get it in English and display an accurate title?
    2. Is there a fake a certificate that the apple updater will accept?
    Visit my blog! PenTesting for Amateurs, by Amateurs -- Request your own tutorial, or send one to me to post.
    "thevanoutside" a Wordpress Blog!

Hi there! I just saw the message sorry for the delay. I'm one of the developers of Evilgrade, the itunes module execute a xss in the updater if you click in the item a browser have to be executed point to a update payload. I didn't know if this version is still vulnerable but the simple process have a protection and can't be bypassed without a valid autenticode.

Quote Originally Posted by famato View Post
    Hi there! I just saw the message sorry for the delay. I'm one of the developers of Evilgrade, the itunes module execute a xss in the updater if you click in the item a browser have to be executed point to a update payload. I didn't know if this version is still vulnerable but the simple process have a protection and can't be bypassed without a valid autenticode.
    Thanks for the reply! Hard to come by during the holidays! I have this pointed to the correct agent, as it is the right size and it IS downloaded. I think the EULA was in spanish because of my region settings (when I was increasing the transmit power to my wireless card I changed the region settings) so no problem there. I guess I'll just pass on to the next module then. I am trying to find a service that most users have, and itunes is the most common.

I tried winupdate but I don't think this service is vulnerable either then as it wont even download the agent. I have the same exact settings, even tried pointing to the same payload, same syntax, but it looks like windows 8 or 7 isn't vulnerable to the update service either. Looks like they finally got they finally figured out how to sign these updates.
    Visit my blog! PenTesting for Amateurs, by Amateurs -- Request your own tutorial, or send one to me to post.
    "thevanoutside" a Wordpress Blog!