Thread: Is there any way to change the wallpaper and make the change permanent?

Is there any way to change the wallpaper and make the change permanent?

I've got Kali installed on a flash drive and I'd really like to put my own wallpaper up without having it get reset. I've tried to see if there's a way to replace the system file for the background but I'm not sure if there is. I've got a persistence partition on my flash drive for Kali but as far as I know that doesn't save settings for Kali.

you can extract filesystem.squashfs from the iso or depending on how you made your live usb at usb or iso\live\filesystem.squashfs by using unsquashfs patch to file\filesystem.squashfs and search through the files till you find where the backgrounds are and modify them than use squashfs to rebuild filesystem.squashfs or you could test and see if your settings stick on your persistant partition. hopefually i was some help
    Smile while you can for in the future there my be nothing to smile about.
    申し訳ありませんが、これは翻訳することができませんでした。

Am I able to do this in windows, or will I have to use linux? Is there an extraction utility that handles this filetype? Where do I get unsquashfs?

squashfs is a program for linux but i did find This Page which has a link for a version thats supposed to work on windows. but i believe kali has squashfs built into it already.

Quote Originally Posted by shaberu View Post
    squashfs is a program for linux but i did find This Page which has a link for a version thats supposed to work on windows. but i believe kali has squashfs built into it already.
    Thanks so much! I'll give it a try and be back with either sad news or successful instructions for anyone else having this problem.

Good luck hope i was of assistance.