Thread: Issues while trying to install Kali on Win8 (tried in every known way to me)

Unhappy Issues while trying to install Kali on Win8 (tried in every known way to me)

Please, bear with me, I'm pretty new to Linux, not to mention Kali.
    What my specs are is in my signature :)

Don't know where to turn for help, so I've posted it here, I hope I haven't missed the forum section!

I've downloaded the latest version of Kali (1.0.5) and when I make a bootable USB stick it won't boot from it.
    Then I went into the BIOS and changed the boot order and guess what! nothing happens -.-"

Then I've raped 'Esc' on boot for it to load the 'Boot Loader' (? don't remember it's exact name, sorry), I selected the USB stick manually but then a black screen appeared telling me that there is no OS present(on the USB stick)???

When I mount the iso manually via Deamon tools and try to it says 'This program doesn't support windows 6.2.9200 sp0 yet '
    And yet I heard that people had installed Kali on Win8.

Then I tried to install it with VirtualBox (OS: linux, Distro: Debian (and I tried it with Linux 2.6+, too)), I assigned it 4Gb of RAM and 20Gb of my SSD for it to run, of course, then I went and selected the iso, launched it and then got this error message:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Kali.

VT-x is not available. (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: Console
    Interface: IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

Pretty much all of the knowledge I have regarding how to install it, I wouldn't be posting a thread if I wasn't at the limit of the help that google can provide me.

I read (the link is down there) that it was because the secure boot option was enabled, I tried disabling it, but no tile appears for the UEFI Firmware setting in the charms menu (whatever it's called)
    When I get into BIOS, I can't find anything that says to enable or disable anything regarding UEFi.

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ws-8-%28x64%29

And also I've read somewhere else that restoring the BIOS settings to factory settings might help, well it didn't...
    I've downloaded my Win8 version from those Microsoft edu elms sites (basically, my college provided me with the OS)

Ok, don't know what more info to post :)

I would be very grateful for any kind of help :D

P.S. If you have any suggestions on renaming the title to be found easier or to be more descriptive, please suggest :)
    Sup

ok, while I was installing I encountered some other issues, and some issues found https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ll-Kali-Linux/
    I've also started a thread on the asus rog forums and somehow, I've fixed the issue by doing many things that other people might consider stupid or overkill, like installing and trying out 10+ usb image burners(?) (have no idea what they are called, I was today for 17h trying to figure out what was wrong, so please forgive my insolence)

Anyway, here is a link to my rog forum thread:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ing-Kali-Linux
    Sup

Read the kali docs and please post what method you are using to install in usb stick. Have you checked the sha1sum on your download. Have you checked the USB stick for bad blocks?

To check it: badblock /dev/sdxx where xx is your USB stick (partition).

Do not get me wrong, but you have to check the very basic things first.