Thread: An installation has gone astray...

An installation has gone astray...

So, according to the OS, I correctly and completely installed Kali. I have, however, run into a small problem.

When I start my machine, from the grub menu I select the standard OS (not recovery mode). When the login screen displays, I can not highlight my user or do anything other than click 'other' to login. I've tried logging in under the username I created, with the root password, and get an 'Authentication Failed' message.

Any ideas where I could have gone wrong in the install? I hate not being able to be more specific, but I followed the prompts as required, assigned the OS to the entire disk (320 GB), established a username and root password.

I'm currently running off my live USB, and the software seems to be functioning fine (even recognized my wireless card and has appropriate driver for said card), so it's not a huge deal, but I'd really like to get the installation up and running. Saves having to make sure I have the USB drive with me all the time.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide.

Please can you post an image of login screen? and you say you created a user?....Is that so?...

Screenshot please