Thread: Channel -1 in Kali 1.0.6

Channel -1 in Kali 1.0.6

Hey guys, I just did a fresh install of Kali 1.0.6 64-bit into VirtualBox. Previously, I had 1.0.5 but ran apt-get update and diet-upgrade but in both conditions, airodump reports the negative 1 channel and I cannot use airplay to deauth clients from my rtl8187l device (Alfa AWUO36H v5).

airmon-ng:

Code:
    root@Kali:~# airmon-ng

Interface          Chipset                    Driver

mon0               Realtek RTL8187L     rtl8187  -  [phy0]
    wlan0              Realtek RTL8187L     rtl8187  -  [phy0]
    It was working perfectly before 1.0.6 and I did notice that back before I did a fresh install (when I was on 1.0.5), when I ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade it installed new wireless drivers, and I believe I saw realtek firmware in there so I think the new stuff is corrupted. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    Hey guys, I just did a fresh install of Kali 1.0.6 64-bit into VirtualBox. Previously, I had 1.0.5 but ran apt-get update and diet-upgrade but in both conditions, airodump reports the negative 1 channel and I cannot use airplay to deauth clients from my rtl8187l device (Alfa AWUO36H v5).

airmon-ng:

Code:
    root@Kali:~# airmon-ng

Interface          Chipset                    Driver

mon0               Realtek RTL8187L     rtl8187  -  [phy0]
    wlan0              Realtek RTL8187L     rtl8187  -  [phy0]
    It was working perfectly before 1.0.6 and I did notice that back before I did a fresh install (when I was on 1.0.5), when I ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade it installed new wireless drivers, and I believe I saw realtek firmware in there so I think the new stuff is corrupted. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
    I had the same issue after updating kali the other day, I got around the issue by adding "--ignore-negative-one" to the line.
    Hope that helps you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by slim76 View Post
    I had the same issue after updating kali the other day, I got around the issue by adding "--ignore-negative-one" to the line.
    Hope that helps you. :-)
    Yeah I've done that but aireplay-ng doesn't deauth clients. It tells me to add --ignore-negative-one but I still get the problem. Thanks for the response though!
    Last edited by soxrok2212; 2014-01-20 at 14:38.

Yeah I've don't that but aireplay-ng doesn't deauth clients. It tells me to add --ignore-negative-one but I still get the problem. Thanks for the response though!
    I'm about to post a script I made, give it a try and see if deauth is working.
    If it works then you can check the commands I used, or you could give me a shout and I'll try and assist the best I can.

Have a look here:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...and-pcap-files
    Last edited by slim76; 2014-01-11 at 23:04.

Hah, I didn't know you could add --ignore bla bla in aireplay and it worked... my b. Just wish they would fix this because its a pain to have to type it out every time. Anyways, thanks! And I'll check out your script slim76.

Hah, I didn't know you could add --ignore bla bla in aireplay and it worked... my b. Just wish they would fix this because its a pain to have to type it out every time. Anyways, thanks! And I'll check out your script slim76.
    You're welcome mate, happy to help.
    Oh and I did notice there was some sort of patch to fix the issue, but thats all I know about it. LOL

--ignore-negative-one isnt a solution for this problem ! Can you deauth with these "ignore" command ?

Here the same issue https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...hlight=channel

Same problem here. airbase-ng is pretty much useless right now.

Have a look at this link
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/wiki/...l8187_vs_r8187
    It may help solve the problems you are experiencing in a virtual environment.

Rab.l

I'm using a Netgear WG111 USB dongle and everything seems to work fine for me, its never switched its self off or given me any trouble until I updated kali.
    I solved the issue I had by adding --ignore-negative-one to the airodump-ng and aireplay-ng commands.
    My setup is different though, I have kali installed to my harddrive and not a virtual setup.

Interface Chipset Driver

wlan0 Realtek RTL8187BvE rtl8187 - [phy0]
    (monitor mode enabled on mon0)

Quote Originally Posted by f0xp View Post
    --ignore-negative-one isnt a solution for this problem ! Can you deauth with these "ignore" command ?

Here the same issue https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...hlight=channel
    I couldn't deauth after a kali update until I added --ignore-negative-one, everything worked great after.

disable the wireless lan interface before starting the monitor mod.
    example.

airmon-ng start wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 down

or

ifconfig wlan0 down
    airmon-ng start wlan0

well i have already posted the solution here

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...pt-get-upgrade

i have a problem , deauth packets are sending but the device is not deauthenticating.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

The negative-one issue is caued by network-manager(NM). There are several solutions.
    1. Disable Network manager - we do not do this but it does work. For example when WPA Phishing you need NM functioning
    2. There is a script work around which you can run. We have posted here before.

Reference this following aircrack-ng link

http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php/topic,748.0.html

MTeams