Thread: How to upgrade gnuradio?

How to upgrade gnuradio?

I want to upgrade gnuradio. Currently i have 3.6.5.1 and the most recent version is 3.7.2.1
    Somewhere on this forum i read that the only proper way to upgrade anything on Kali is using apt-get update/upgrade. On the kali repos, incl the bleeding edge repo, i can only find 3.6.5.1

What is the correct way to upgrade gnuradio? Do i just add the official gnuradio repos and update from there? When are you going to keep gnuradio up to date in the kali repos?

Thanks.

*bump*
    On my last install (which I just wiped today), I was using the Debian wheezy-backports repositories. However, I think I borked my install last night trying to get my bladeRF up and running: compiling the bladeRF code after cloning into Github, then trying to install osmosdr (without checking to see if it already existed in Kali....oops) broke GNURadio.

I'm now facing the same problem as the OP on a clean install. I want access to GNURadio 3.7.3. I can see this version listed in the Kali repo here:
    http://repo.kali.org/kali/pool/main/g/gnuradio/

But running apt-get upgrade doesn't replace 3.6.x with 3.7.x

Looking at the Kali changelog, there's no mention of GNURadio past v3.6.5.1 in Kali 1.05.

What do I have to do to get the latest version of GNURadio? How can I contribute to reducing the turn-around time for GNURadio updates to be included in Kali?

i have that same problem did any one figure it out yet ?