Thread: Install Windows on secondary HDD?

Install Windows on secondary HDD?

Hi

I have been using kali for a couple of months now and been growing really fond of it nevertheless I WANT TO PLAY SKYRIM

i have installed kali as my primary partition (dunno if thats correct?) on my HDD i dont plan to uninstall ( clearly the opposite ive started programming python and i love how i need to fix all the small problems that appear) but this time im truly stuck ive tried everything to get windows on another HDD i put into my laptop (have 2 slots for them) then i made a windows USB key dowloaded gparted partition editor got my HDD formatted to NTFS restarted computer got installer started FINALLY then i highlighted my HDD there was no sight of errors i could press next but iven still i got an error saying it couldnt detect my partition

heres what i tried so far:
    Installed windows from another computer to HDD but it froze at the windows logo and went to bluescreen then i installed it into my msi (installed it from an acer laptop think thats th problem)
    format, deleted , recreated HDD from linux to NTFS
    used gparted partition editor
    tried installing a virtual box (i just really miss gaming skyrim with controller <3) but that was running on a virtual graphics card (yaaay)

i can find guides everywhere to dual boot and such thingss but all those require u start in windows

plz help me figure out how to get that **** windows installed! didnt know which data to give u but tell me what u need and ill provide it asap

thx alot in advance

hahah!

after sitting all night i figured it out
    even though it required splitting my laptop in half
    format my disk in another comp and such
    and using and external cd cdrive i got it to work sry for my stupid posts sometimes i get so much into things i forget to see the obivius

Do not get me wrong my friend, but this is a Linux forum, specifically Kali distro, and all issues regarding Kali. Sorry.

If you have any doubt on installing windows, you need to ask or search in windows forums.

There are at least 2 ways to do that, at least, but again, need to address this issue in a windows forum.

And let me mention one: disconnect the kali HDD, start winbugs and install in second HDD. Make sure it winbugs starts correctly, with no issues.

Conect again Kali HDD, enter Kali and open a terminal, execute: os-prober

This is the newbbie way, the basic one.

Restart.