Thread: Airbase-ng's AP is not visible by many clients

Airbase-ng's AP is not visible by many clients

Hello,

I create a mobile AP using RasPi+Battery+AWUS036H. The victim connects (automatically, because Wifi was not turned off) and visits a website, like facebook (I hate facebook). But the internal DNS-Server redirects him to the RasPi's webserver which shows him a troll jumping around and laughing at him.

Everything seems to work fine for my Galaxy Nexus and several Laptops/PCs. But the AP is "invisible" for other devices, like iPod toch, xPeria ray, Nexus 4, Galaxy Note, ...

This is my script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

/usr/local/sbin/airmon-ng start wlan0 &
    (sleep 5 && /usr/local/sbin/airmon-ng check kill &)
    (sleep 10 && /usr/local/sbin/airbase-ng -a 00:BE:EF:FA:CE:00 -c 1 -e "theINT3RW3BZZ" mon0 >> /root/troll.log &)
    (sleep 15 && ifconfig at0 192.168.0.1 up)
    (sleep 16 && ifconfig at0 hw ether 00:BE:EF:FA:CE:00)

exit 0
    Can you tell me why it doesn't work? Why it is invisible? Or do you know another way to create an AP that would work in my case?
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-01-19 at 08:12.

Do you need more information?

Just a suggestion not an answer. Try playing around with the -e and --essid in the command line. Try removing the "" around the name if there are no spaces. Note the -e command is not even listed in our help files and we have had problems with it in the past.

i have Alfa AWUS036NH everything is working perfect.except soft AP using airbase-ng.

chip=Ralink RT2870/3070 rt2800usb

i do the followig.

1=airmon-ng start wlan0

2=airbase-ng -e Test -c 1 mon0

3=brctl addbr mitm

4=brctl addif mitm at0

5=brctl addif mitm eth0

6=ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up

7=ifconfig at0 0.0.0.0 up

8=ifconfig mitm 10.1.1.50 up

9=echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

10=route add default gateway 10.1.1.1

now i am having a problem i cannot connect any device to this Soft Ap.
    and there are many duplicate packets.some times this soft AP is not visible.
    and some time client connect to that ap but internet donot work.

We have seen a number of issues with the NH. I suggest you search the aircrack-ng forums as well as kali-linux.We thought of buying the model but did not like what we saw. Anyway if you want to prove whether the problem is with your code or your wifi reciever we suggest you download PwnStar9.0 a rogueAP script that is currently working well on kali if you have updated everything. Just run up a simple portal and see if you can get another computer to connect to it. If you get association then the problem is with your coding not your wifi reciever.

can you please suggest a wireless adapter that is compatible with kali having (bgn)?
    i currently have Alfa AWUS036NH and tp-link tl-wn722n.
    alpha has some problem but tplink is working PERFECT.but tp link has less power.
    so can you suggest a good wifi adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by mmusket33 View Post
    We have seen a number of issues with the NH. I suggest you search the aircrack-ng forums as well as kali-linux.We thought of buying the model but did not like what we saw. Anyway if you want to prove whether the problem is with your code or your wifi reciever we suggest you download PwnStar9.0 a rogueAP script that is currently working well on kali if you have updated everything. Just run up a simple portal and see if you can get another computer to connect to it. If you get association then the problem is with your coding not your wifi reciever.
    i have a report.
    i tested NH.using AwnSTAR
    it is working PERFECR.
    airmon-ng,airreplay-ng,airodump-ng
    everyting is working perfect.

You state PwnStar9.0 is working perfectly with your NH. We only wish to ask one(1) confirming question. Did you try and connect to the rogueAP with another computer and did you get association. We are not talking about the internal operations of PwnStar ONLY the ability to successfully associate. Note you may not get the web pages to be displayed or data passed to files like formdata.txt however these features are a function of file permissions and the presence of the correct files not airbase-ng.

You state PwnStar9.0 is working perfectly with your NH. We only wish to ask one(1) confirming question. Did you try and connect to the rogueAP with another computer and did you get association. We are not talking about the internal operations of PwnStar ONLY the ability to successfully associate. Note you may not get the web pages to be displayed or data passed to files like formdata.txt however these features are a function of file permissions and the presence of the correct files not airbase-ng.
    yes i am getting association with AWUS036NH and internet of the client is working and i can sniff packets using wire shark on at0....
    if you need any screenshot or anything else just tell me i will do .
    my chip is=Ralink RT2870/3070 rt2800usb
    and it is working on kali out of the box.
    and i also tested it on backtrack it is also working perfect on backtrack

Just a suggestion not an answer. Try playing around with the -e and --essid in the command line. Try removing the "" around the name if there are no spaces. Note the -e command is not even listed in our help files and we have had problems with it in the past.
    Thanks for your reply! I played around, and I found out that I didn't need to: the same script "just works" on my PC, but it doesn't on my pi. You said you had these problems in the past - I checked and aircrack-suite's version is indeed 1.1, not 1.2-2. However, I updated it and it still doesn't work. I really don't know where the difference between those two machines is in this case...
    Quote Originally Posted by mianharisali View Post
    i have Alfa AWUS036NH everything is working perfect.except soft AP using airbase-ng.

chip=Ralink RT2870/3070 rt2800usb

i do the followig.

1=airmon-ng start wlan0

2=airbase-ng -e Test -c 1 mon0

3=brctl addbr mitm

4=brctl addif mitm at0

5=brctl addif mitm eth0

6=ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up

7=ifconfig at0 0.0.0.0 up

8=ifconfig mitm 10.1.1.50 up

9=echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

10=route add default gateway 10.1.1.1

now i am having a problem i cannot connect any device to this Soft Ap.
    and there are many duplicate packets.some times this soft AP is not visible.
    and some time client connect to that ap but internet donot work.
    You installed a DHCP-server, right? If not, try tape

Then the problem is in your coding. The isc-dhcp-server ??may?? be your cooding problem. Take a look how it is handled with pwnstar?

I don't want to hijack anyone's thread, only to report some issues as well.

I have used PwnStar and it "broadcasts" and ap that cannot be seen by any clients. Doing the process manually, I can get airbase-ng to broadcast an ap for about 45 seconds and then it disappears. Oddly enough, I can get airbase-ng to broadcast an ap on my other laptop, and get PwnStar to run as well. The only difference I can think of between the two computers, hardware aside, is that the working laptop has kernel 3.7 and 3.12 and the other computer is a fresh install. Both computers are fully updated...

First to Flipper - Please enter with any commentary these are open forums. Your view may turn out to solve the problem.

Try the following

apt-get install apache2.2
    apt-get install isc-dhcp-server

Note we had trouble installing the isc-dhcp-server thru the sources list. But in the end it installed just took a few days. Remember your sources list is in the /etc/apt folder and it is named sources.list. You can open and read it with leafpad. Make sure it is up-to-date

Furthermore make sure you run

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade

This may take a while

Finally there can always be a conflict with network manager(NM). Make sure it is not trying to use the device being used by airbase-ng. If you are not giving internet access you might be able to turn it off by removing the check next to Enable Networking in the drop-down menu for NM. However some older laptops will not let you do this. You should go into the NM menu under Edit Connections and remove the check next to Connect automatically for every connection name or NM may try to use the device.

Still no help

I'm sad, hostapd doesn't work with AWUS036H, so airbase is my only hope :'(