Thread: Install fail with multiple partitioning

Install fail with multiple partitioning

All installs besides the single partition scheme is failing. Trying to install either "Separate /home,/usr,/var, and /tmp partitions" <--(the one I want to install) or "Separate /home partition" fails for both encrypted and non-encrypted options during install.
    I'm fairly certain it is a valid version of Kali and is up to date. Both USB or DVD-RW have the same results. Can this be fixed with a manual partition scheme or by making a custom disk image?
    This was the setup:

Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
    The following partitions are going to be formatted:
    LVM VG LilaK, LV home as ext4
    LVM VG LilaK, LV root as ext4
    LVM VG LilaK, LV swap_1 as swap
    LVM VG LilaK, LV tmp as ext4
    LVM VG LilaK, LV usr as ext4
    LVM VG LilaK, LV var as ext4

Once the "Installing the system..." window appears it only loads about 1/4 of the way and then says "Installation failed"

I confirm this! On not only 1, but 2 separate machines! I have verified the checksums of both the iso used to create bootable images, and the devices containing the bootable images used to boot from (usb and dvd). This was done using kali-linux-1.0.6-amd64.iso. At first, no matter what I did, the installation would fail until I switched my bios settings on my main system from AHCI mode to IDE mode but I do not have the option to do so with my other machine. Could this be some kind of weird firmware issue?

just use two partitions... root as ext4 and swap during manual installation........