Thread: car remote lock

car remote lock

hey guys... is there a way that I can sync the remote lock for my old truck to my computer on kali? it's getting old and unreliable. I'd like to have a "plan c" in place.

Quote Originally Posted by brazen View Post
    hey guys... is there a way that I can sync the remote lock for my old truck to my computer on kali? it's getting old and unreliable. I'd like to have a "plan c" in place.
    This is a dodgey question and I can't be sure it isn't linked to car crime, if you're genuine I'd reccomend buying a spare remote from official sources.

really? that is where you draw the line? lots of things we discuss in these forums can be considered "dodgey questions" that can be "linked to crime"

yeah... that's 'plan b'

but i thought it would be cool to be able to do it from my laptop as well.

4. Quote Originally Posted by brazen View Post
    really? that is where you draw the line? lots of things we discuss in these forums can be considered "dodgey questions" that can be "linked to crime"

yeah... that's 'plan b'

but i thought it would be cool to be able to do it from my laptop as well.
    haha you're not wrong. yesterday i found usernames, passwords, home addresses and phone numbers for 1349 people but stealing a car is illegal. you're right there has to be a line somewhere. however, when i saw all this information i'm not actually going to do anything with it. my guess is, if you manage to steal a car, you're going to take it for a ride. rather than just sit there with the satisfaction of knowing that you're able to do it.

I'm certainly not going to help you achieve your goal.

I'm not saying you're a car theif, I'm just saying that information could be used for such things.
    Often people get hurt in more ways than one during car theft's, eg: lose of property, innocent pedestrians getting run over, car crashes and death.

***... this is too funny!

I ask a question about my car and all of a sudden "I'm 'not' (wink wink) a car their." That is like saying your saw the addresses, username and passwords of 1349 people but you are 'not' (wink wink) an identity thief!

so funny.

***... this is too funny!

I ask a question about my car and all of a sudden "I'm 'not' (wink wink) a car their." That is like saying your saw the addresses, username and passwords of 1349 people but you are 'not' (wink wink) an identity thief!

so funny.
    You're looking at it from the wrong angle, it's a public forum meaning anyone can view such info and act on it as they choose.
    Nobody said you're a car thief, and just because someone has access to personal information doesn't mean to say that they'll use it or abuse it.
    Some things are done purely for research.
    Last edited by slim76; 2014-01-21 at 14:44.

8. Quote Originally Posted by slim76 View Post
    You're looking at it from the wrong angle, it's a public forum meaning anyone can view such info and act on it as they choose.
    Nobody said you're a car thief, and just because someone has access to personal information doesn't mean to say that they'll use it or abuse it.
    Some things are done purely for research.
    that was my point exactly, it's what you do/don't do with the information/exploits that makes it right or wrong in my opinion.

bottom line is, if you want to be able to open cars with your computer. it looks like you're going to have to work it out by your self. I can't think for any reason why it might be an advantage to you to be able to do this. other that to open other peoples cars, hopefully only for a laugh.

Also, i've never heard of any key fobs working with bluetooth. I'm pretty sure it's done with radio signals on a very unique frequency. and some older ones with infra red. so, good luck with that one.

Wow... Still amazing these comments. We can talk about "attacking access points" but me wanting to open MY car... That's shady? I dont want to open cars. Just my truck. I wasn't asking about new vehicles. And thanks, i will do it on my own as i do most of my things.

Maybe with a Raspberry Pi. If you are interested in electronics then read about the Raspberry Pi or Arduino. There are probably projects out there which will alow you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mattt View Post
    Maybe with a Raspberry Pi. If you are interested in electronics then read about the Raspberry Pi or Arduino. There are probably projects out there which will alow you to do that.
    thanks matt... i found a nice link thread already talking about this setup. http://www.mp3car.com/hardware-devel...ck-system.html

but thanks for the helpful response!

Quote Originally Posted by MrShingles View Post
    haha you're not wrong. yesterday i found usernames, passwords, home addresses and phone numbers for 1349 people but stealing a car is illegal. you're right there has to be a line somewhere. however, when i saw all this information i'm not actually going to do anything with it. my guess is, if you manage to steal a car, you're going to take it for a ride. rather than just sit there with the satisfaction of knowing that you're able to do it.

I'm certainly not going to help you achieve your goal.
    If you are in the ol' US of A, you're both criminals.

Gaining unauthorized access to a computer is a crime. Obraining a copy of an access control unit is probably OK if you're the owner of the device AND if it only controls your car.

But still, I am amazed at the answers here.

As to "recording" output from the radio control, you need to find it's frequency. Use a scope, or try an SDR USB dongle. Once you find out the frequency, you can reverse engineer the output. And that can be very hard or very simple, depending on the coding used.

To start with, are your sure your car is controlled by RFID?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
    If you are in the ol' US of A, you're both criminals.

Gaining unauthorized access to a computer is a crime. Obraining a copy of an access control unit is probably OK if you're the owner of the device AND if it only controls your car.

But still, I am amazed at the answers here.

As to "recording" output from the radio control, you need to find it's frequency. Use a scope, or try an SDR USB dongle. Once you find out the frequency, you can reverse engineer the output. And that can be very hard or very simple, depending on the coding used.

To start with, are your sure your car is controlled by RFID?
    That's a bad assumption you've made.
    I haven't broken a single britsh law, I haven't gained access to anyones computer or access point or anything belonging to some other person.
    Not everyone here are criminals, some people respect the law and other peoples belongings.

Wow... Still amazing these comments. We can talk about "attacking access points" but me wanting to open MY car... That's shady? I dont want to open cars. Just my truck. I wasn't asking about new vehicles. And thanks, i will do it on my own as i do most of my things.
    Can anyone tell me how to dispose of a body so that the police won't be able to find me? I mean, it's just for research. We can talk about attacking access points, which is illegal, so we can talk about other theoretical crimes, right?

The possibility for car crime is a little different than the possibility of free internet or stolen data. People don't generally die or lose thousands of dollars for that. Of course, no one is saying that you are going to steal a car, but if the information is posted here in the open and someone else reads it, steals a car and kills someone, then the person who told you exactly how to do it, might feel a little responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus1776 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to dispose of a body so that the police won't be able to find me? I mean, it's just for research. We can talk about attacking access points, which is illegal, so we can talk about other theoretical crimes, right?

The possibility for car crime is a little different than the possibility of free internet or stolen data. People don't generally die or lose thousands of dollars for that. Of course, no one is saying that you are going to steal a car, but if the information is posted here in the open and someone else reads it, steals a car and kills someone, then the person who told you exactly how to do it, might feel a little responsible.
    Well said, That was kinda my point but I said it badly. LOL
    Its kinda a personal thing for me, a very close friend of mine got run over by someone driving a stolen car.

LoL... The way some people think... Now you are going to rate crimes? Go to a federal penitentiary and ask them how many people have died, how much money lost because of stolen data.

So,eone posting about how to open a car door... All over the Internet. They sell tools to do it on eBay.
    But stealing data... You have to go to sites like silk road. And we know what happens there.

Keep your skewed morals to yourself. Post a reply if you can offer assistance, if not, then move on to another thread

Thousands of wifi networks gets broken into every month because of scripts automating the process, so any dumbass can do it. The reasoning for the car isn't any different. The security of both are exactly the same, at least with most recent cars.

Does this mean we need to stop talking about holes in WPA2? Of course not.

Same thing with cars. As long as it's out in the open, anyone with the willingness to look and learn, can access the information about the exploit.

And, just as with a tool to hack a wifi network, more cars will probably be stolen, until somenone closes the vulnerabilty.

Also, I think there are a LOT more targets when talking 'bout WPA2 instead of an old truck.

Hey guys,

i installed kali for two weeks now and i was wondering if you know where the Arduino folder is located , because i want to add a new board to it (like i did in windows) but i can;t seem to find it.

Thank you!

This is supposed to be a forum to exchange information not try and dictate how users employ such knowledge.

MTC