Thread: Alpha Wireless Card and Virtualbox

Alpha Wireless Card and Virtualbox

Wireless Card: Alpha Network AWUS036H
    ORACLE virtual box: Ver 4.3.6

I have been struggling to get my wireless card working. To this point I have downloaded and installed Kali on Virtual Box (VB.) Installed the Guest Additions, and set up my shared folder with Windows 8.

In VB I have set up a USB filter and have checked Enable USB controller, Enable USB 2.0(EHCI) Controller, and added the appropriate filter for my wireless adapter. During my attempts I have tried un-checking various boxes as some have said that the 2.0 controller may be an issue?

I have also gone into the Network tab of VB and selected the appropriate wireless device as Adapter #1. I have tried (2) different Adapter types from the drop down Paravirtulized and the Intel type.

After my VB is booted I go into the Devices\ USB Devices tab and select my wireless adapter. I generally get an error indicating "unable to attach to device." "Is busy with previous request." If I go through a process of unplugging my adapter, booting VB, plugging adapter back in, then out again, then in, I can sometimes click on the adapter without the error message. It makes a sound like it has attached to the adapter and indicates captured. However when I lsusb or iwconfig I don't see listed as usb nor any wireless extensions. During one of these plug in and out attempts, I saw VB say it was loading drivers for the adapter. I almost pooped myself as I thought it was working, but same output from lsusb and iwconfig.

Have test adapter on windows and it works. I did some research prior to purchase of this adapter and found a lot of people have had success with it. I have to be at work in 5 hours and am full of hate.

I am hoping someone has had similar issues and could offer a hand. Thanks!!!!

Me to .this is an ongoing problem with virtualbox/windows it seems .Join the fight to get fixed
    https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57946

Got my card going by reinstalling the drivers.same card as yours.Anyway Im new to windows.