Thread: oclHashcat

oclHashcat

I fallowed the directions here:

http://docs.kali.org/general-use/ins...-on-kali-linux

And believe I have a nvidia driver running in kali, according to:

dmesg

5.757597] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
    [ 5.757598] Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
    [ 5.762758] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 319.72 Wed Oct 30 17:26:49 PDT 2013

I'm no kernel expert, but it does appear that I have nvidia driver 319.72 running?

More output below...

lspci -v | grep nvidia

Kernel driver in use: nvidia

Anyway, I posted this to give you guys and gals some background, before I asked my question.

I want to run oclHashcat, but it does not seem to be cooperating. According to the link at the top, the user is instructed to run some commands to determine whether or not the driver is functioning.

root@kali:~# cd /usr/share/oclhashcat-plus
    bash: cd: /usr/share/oclhashcat-plus: No such file or directory

Even when I do manage to locate the hashcat suite, and run ./oclHashcat i get:

root@kali:/usr/share/oclhashcat# ./oclHashcat.bin
    ./oclHashcat.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does this mean the tools are bad? Or is my GPU incompatible? I have know idea, and that's why I'm here.

Thanks

More out put:

glxinfo

name of display: :0.0
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Pyrit list_cores

root@kali:~# pyrit list_cores
    Pyrit 0.4.0 (C) 2008-2011 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+

The following cores seem available...
    #1: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #2: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #5: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #6: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #7: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #8: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)'

If you have nvidia cards you need to run cudahashcat according to you error it states libOpenCL.so.1 which is oclhashcat. oclhashcat is for ATI only.

Do a locate for cudhashcat and run that bin. (there is a plus and and lite, use plus for GPU, lite for CPU)

I am at the exact same point that you are Flipper. I installed today, after about a 6 year hiatus from Linux(I know, it's sad). I still somewhat know what I'm doing, but in the tutorial that Flipper spoke about ( http://docs.kali.org/general-use/ins...-on-kali-linux ), it suggests to check to see if the drivers are indeed working properly by entering the following command in the terminal ( root@kali:~# glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering" ). In Flippers second post on this thread his first pasted section of output is the exact same output that I get from running said command.

I am getting the same "dmesg", "lspci -v | grep nvidia", and oclHashcat output as Flipper as well. To add to that output, when I try to run "./cudaHashcat.bin -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict", as the guide suggests, I get "./cudaHashcat.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcuda.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I'm not really too worried about the cuda thing at the moment. I am more worried about the nVidia drivers being loaded properly and continuing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlebeezy View Post
    I am at the exact same point that you are Flipper. I installed today, after about a 6 year hiatus from Linux(I know, it's sad). I still somewhat know what I'm doing, but in the tutorial that Flipper spoke about ( http://docs.kali.org/general-use/ins...-on-kali-linux ), it suggests to check to see if the drivers are indeed working properly by entering the following command in the terminal ( root@kali:~# glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering" ). In Flippers second post on this thread his first pasted section of output is the exact same output that I get from running said command.

I am getting the same "dmesg", "lspci -v | grep nvidia", and oclHashcat output as Flipper as well. To add to that output, when I try to run "./cudaHashcat.bin -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict", as the guide suggests, I get "./cudaHashcat.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcuda.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I'm not really too worried about the cuda thing at the moment. I am more worried about the nVidia drivers being loaded properly and continuing to work.
    apt-get install libcuda1

For amd

apt-get install amd-libopencl1 1.3-3