Thread: Detecting Network Hardware

Detecting Network Hardware

Hi guys,

I've been trying to install Kali Linux 1.0.6 32bit for the past few hours to no avail.
    Every time I try to install I get stuck at the "Detecting network hardware" stage. In text installation it just goes to a blue screen. I've tried Ctrl+C a lot, but it did not help. In graphic installation it just gets stuck with a blank screen titled "Detecting Network Hardware" and nothing changes. I've left this stage in both installation types for about 20 minutes to see whether something would change, but nothing did.
    I've tried disabling the network adapter in BIOS prior to booting, tried putting the network device boot first in BIOS, tried wireless and wired connection to the internet during the installation, but nothing worked.

Later I've tried making an installation loader from my Windows 7 (I'm trying to install Kali Linux side by side with my Windows 7), and I was able to skip the stage as I could choose what stage I'm doing, however then it failed to install the GRUB boot loader because it couldn't install to /target/ or something like that.

I could pass this stage perfectly when choosing the install kali linux from the live system boot, however it doesn't have the use largest continous free space.

I have tried to install both from a cd and a usb, however they both have the same results.

I don't know what to do anymore. I've looked up in threads on the forums about this topic, but nothing helped. If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to install Kali Linux on my laptop - Samsung R580, if that helps.

**Edit: I've tested the installation on my desktop pc, and it passes this stage with no problem, so it seems as if the problem is only with my laptop or laptops in general.
    Last edited by 123099; 2014-01-24 at 00:21.

I have same problem on Inspiron N5010.

Quote Originally Posted by 123099 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been trying to install Kali Linux 1.0.6 32bit for the past few hours to no avail.
    Every time I try to install I get stuck at the "Detecting network hardware" stage. In text installation it just goes to a blue screen. I've tried Ctrl+C a lot, but it did not help. In graphic installation it just gets stuck with a blank screen titled "Detecting Network Hardware" and nothing changes. I've left this stage in both installation types for about 20 minutes to see whether something would change, but nothing did.
    I've tried disabling the network adapter in BIOS prior to booting, tried putting the network device boot first in BIOS, tried wireless and wired connection to the internet during the installation, but nothing worked.

Later I've tried making an installation loader from my Windows 7 (I'm trying to install Kali Linux side by side with my Windows 7), and I was able to skip the stage as I could choose what stage I'm doing, however then it failed to install the GRUB boot loader because it couldn't install to /target/ or something like that.

I could pass this stage perfectly when choosing the install kali linux from the live system boot, however it doesn't have the use largest continous free space.

I have tried to install both from a cd and a usb, however they both have the same results.

I don't know what to do anymore. I've looked up in threads on the forums about this topic, but nothing helped. If anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to install Kali Linux on my laptop - Samsung R580, if that helps.

**Edit: I've tested the installation on my desktop pc, and it passes this stage with no problem, so it seems as if the problem is only with my laptop or laptops in general.
    Did you ever solve this problem? It is EXACTLY what I am dealing with and have not yet found a solution.